Author Topic: Chirgwin Family  (Read 2422 times)

Offline tab

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Chirgwin Family
« on: Saturday 30 October 10 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am Looking for Chirgwin Family. Harold Thomas Chirgwin (Chergwin) wife Ethel Eddy Chirgwin nee Dymond and Children Harold J C Chirgwin 1913, Margaret J E Chirgwin 1914 and Ada B Chirgwin 1915 all born Cornwall uk. On  20 Sept 1913 Harold set sail with his brother Ernest James Chirgwin on the Bamoral Castle bound for Cape Town, they were both miners. Can not find any records of the rest of the family leaving UK, but can not locate and Marriages or Deaths for them either in UK. Just hoping somebody can point me in right direction. Regards Terry
Brewer/ all Cornwall Warren/Trathen/Stratten/Dymond/Harvey/Fry/Murley/Rowe/Eddy/Nicholas/Casley Penwith Cornwall
Gurling/London+all my other London lines
Bouvier/London/France

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Chirgwin Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 October 10 01:02 BST (UK) »
don't know if this is of any help?

Looks like brother Ernest returned to UK

Ship Name Demosthenes
Aberdeen Line
Point of departure Sydney Australia
Point of embarkation Cape Town
Landed Plymouth
Arrival 3 may 1922
Ernest J Chergwin 41 Miner
Julia Chergwin 40
Ernest J Chergwin 10
Millicent Chergwin 5
Country of Last Residence Africa
Address in UK 38 Nanclerror? Tce St Just

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 November 11 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi I found a document in this archive when I typed in the name. Try this link. http://www.national.archsrch.gov.za/sm300cv/smws/sm200gi.

Then click on the RSA repository box, when it opens type in Chirgwin and enter. A list of documents will appear, just click on Result Summary.Appears Ernest died 1947 and Julia born Bray, died 1961.
The Genealogical Society of South Africa has a "pay to use" service which will enable you to obtain pictures of documents held in the National Archives.

Go to http://www.eggsa.org and select Content --> On Line Shop --> order Archive documents.  Once you have selected the currency, select "Enter the Shop" and then select "Archive photos" (in yellow on the blue band) and follow the instructions.

Much quicker than trying to get the Archives to reply to your e-mail requests!!  Good luck Derek.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 November 11 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Marriage reg FreeBMD
Jun qtr 1912
Penzance Cornwall
Ethel E Dymond
Harold T Chirgwin
5c 442

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk