Author Topic: Any Resources - SCANLON  (Read 8215 times)

Offline peter834

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any Resources - SCANLON
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 January 11 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Wow I can't believe I have taken this long to reply, you will not believe why! I thought that the new messages at the top was for posts, so I thought that I didnt have any!

Anyway thank you all so much for your time in helping my search. Hallmark, unfortunately I don't know any of michaels siblings which is a shame, hopefully when I get more information I can come back your link thankyou very much for it :D

I am indeed the same person who has the tree on acestry. I have also deleted that record from Michael Scanlon, thanks for that information! Thankyou very much for finding the marriage certificate of Mary Mercedes! So is Julia Griffin and John Scanlon definately the parents of Michael Scanlon? Thankyou also for the marriage certificate of Michael and Mary.

All of this does seem to be making sense because the family is from Dingle. I am just astonished at the number of siblings that Michael Scanlon had because I didnt realise that the family was this big. I am going to order the certificates ASAP and when they come I shall tell you all about them!

Once again thankyou so much :D

Offline peter834

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 January 11 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Another thing that I thought I would tell everyone about is the name Paedrach Scanlon, is this the Irish version of Patrick? If so, then this would make sense because in the census' Patrick is the brother of John Scanlon.

The name Paedrach has come from my relatives who mentioned the name and we think that he was the uncle of Michael, which ties in with him being Johns brother also.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 January 11 20:17 GMT (UK) »
The Irish for Patrick is Pádraig, pronounced with an almost slient d a bit like paw(d) rigg.

Christian names (and some other details) on RC records can be written in Latin. The Latin for Patrick is Patricius.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline peter834

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 January 11 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Aaa yes thankyou for that :D Also, I have ordered the two marriage certificates!

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 January 11 13:40 GMT (UK) »
The Maitland Mercury & Hunter River General Advertiser; 21/3/1868.

By special licence, 17/3/1868, at St Josephs church, East Maitland,
by Rev. father Doyle, Maurice, eldest son of Thomas Scanlon, County
Kerry Ireland, to Eliza, third dtr of Mr. T.M. Dermott, County
Roscommon Ireland.

The Argus; 16/2/1858
on the 13th, at St Frances church, by Rev. M. Stack, P. Scanlan esq
architect, Co Kerry Ireland, to Ellen, eldest dtr of late Philip
Dennehy esq, Co Waterford, Ireland.
(Scanlan spelling)

Jack