Author Topic: moon family guernsey  (Read 2107 times)

Offline lozz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
moon family guernsey
« on: Wednesday 03 November 10 21:59 GMT (UK) »
have a thomas udell (Yudell) married 1829 ann moon daughter  of samuel moon st peters port would like information on samuel
hoping someone might be able to help not sure of samuels year of birth
regards
lozz

Offline HistoryFan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: moon family guernsey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 November 11 23:41 GMT (UK) »
I suspect by now you have all the information that you require, but I did spot the following (just in case)

There is a family Tree on Ancestry UK and it details the birth of Samuel Moon circa 1780 in Liskeard Cornwall. Sometime prior to 1801 he moves to Guernsey whereby he marries Eleanor Nesmith on 14/6/1801 at the Town Church St Peter Port, Guernsey.  Samuel is noted as the son of William Moon of Liskeard Cornwall.

His second marriage to Elizabeth Rabey took place on 8/6/1821 at the Town Church St Peter Port Guernsey.

I found a marriage in Liskeard Cornwall of a William Moon to Elizabeth Stephens on 1/5/1781, Witnesses were William Moon and John Moon.  Both William and Elizabeth were of the Parish of Liskeard)  (This information was found on the Cornwall OPC Website).

It may be a possible fit?
Holmes, Loveridge, Le Cheminant, White, Camp, Dennis, Beauchamp, Allen, Green, Legg, Symes, Mitchell, Rowe, Robin, Robert, Romeril, Cardinale