Author Topic: Mabel Beatrice Prince  (Read 11715 times)

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mabel Beatrice Prince
« Reply #36 on: Friday 12 November 10 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Yes Robert Grueber Shuter:

He received the Gold medal for anatomy at University college London on 21st June, 1831.

The Standard (London) Thursday, October 30, 1834

Robert Grueber Shute of Mecklenburgh-Square married Mrs. Cox of Hunter-street, Bloomsbury at St. George's Church on October 28, 1834.

I then keep seeing reports of a Robert Shute, surgeon in Newcastle upon Tyne, around Morpeth-ring any bells at all?

I have also seen an announcement of the death of the wife of Robert Grueber Shute.

Ann Eliza Shute, his wife, died 21st December, 1861, then living at of Grove Lee in the county of Kent, died leaving a will-the executors are named in the newspaper, details to follow. The report states that she was the wife of Robert Grueber Shute, formerly of Mecklenburgh Square, Middlesex.

Tom

Offline swinsor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mabel Beatrice Prince
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tom,

Yet more useful information.  Many thanks.  I hadn't realised that Robert Grueber Shute's wife was a widow.  Interesting.   I have no idea who the Shute surgeon in Newcastle was, nor if there is a family connection.

Regards,

Stephen
Winsor - Pontypool, Milsom - Pontypool and Sopworth, Shute - Hampshire etc, Gay - Hampshire, Thompson - Soho and Enfield, Sutton - Hertfordshire