Author Topic: FEWELL Family  (Read 81623 times)

Offline essexbird2004

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: FEWELL Family
« Reply #324 on: Saturday 02 June 12 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Fewelly's

It's been a long time since I have been on here but I need some help please and who better to ask ;)

Right I have a

William Fewell bc 1824 Great Leighs- died 8/8/1870 Little Waltham.
married 14/8/1849 Lambeth
Mary Ann Passey

Williams will states he's formerly of Felsted now late of Little Waltham

I know his father was also a William bc 1791 Essex, Mother Mary bc 1786 Essex (according to 1841 census)
I wonder if anyone could confirm if this is William Fewell and Mary Thurgood who married in Terling in 1813

xoxoxoxox
Kath
FEWELL - FEWEL - FUELL -  FUEL ALL AREAS
KENNAIRD - KENNARD - BANCE OF KENT & SUSSEX
DOWNES - TWIN - CHILDS OF ESSEX
DANCE - BROWN OF LONDON
PEARCE - FURZELAND - PARSONS OF SOMERSET
CLARKE - GILOOLLY OF PERTHSHIRE
McHUGH-McHUE-McCUE - GILOOLLY OF IRELAND

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: Sunday 22 February 15 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Hope you are all OK.

Re William Fewell bap 5 Feb 1744 at Felsted the son of William and Hannah Fewell.

Just wondering did anyone ever find the marriage of William Fewell and Hannah and did anyone ever manage to find more children of theirs, or even evidence of where the family went to after Felsted?

I was looking at my Family Group Sheet for the family of William Fewell/Fuel and Margaret Twinn and saw the note for William and Hannah Fewell so I thought check if anyone has had a breakthrough regarding William and Hannah.

I have from time searched what few facilities are available to me but not recently on the ERO's Essex Ancestors, I am hoping to use Essex Ancestors when the cooler months arrive in Australia and the grass growth slows.  Got a list of searches as long as your arm so I'm not sure if a William and Hannah search will fit in, seeing as I have no leads to go on.

Regards.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Hope you are all well, come to that hope you are all alive and kicking. ;D  ;D

I’m wondering if anyone followed up on the Fewell info we received From Trevor Mills?

If my notes are correct, the advice we received was:-
Robert Fewell married in April 1581 Suffolk.
Giles Fewell born abt 1581 Withersfield, Suffolk marr Elizabeth ?
Daniel Fewell born abt 1620 Thaxted.
Daniel Fewell born abt 1645 Thaxted.
John Fewell Fewell born abt 1678 married Elizabeth Green 1707 Dunmow, Essex
Philip married Ann Judd 26 Dec 1736 at Dunmow, parents of William 21 Nov 1737

That scenario is very feasible and Withersfield is only a few miles over the Essex/Suffolk border and not that far from Thaxted.

I’ve just had another crack at verifying the Trevor Mills info and here is what I’ve managed to ascertain:-

From Family Search
Robartt Fewell married Marie Boughtell 20 Apr 1581 at Withersfield, Suffolk.
Giles Fewell son of Robartt & Marie Fewell baptised 12 March 1581 at Withersfield, the only child I could find for Robartt & Marie on Family Search.
Aegidii (Giles) Fewell married Elizabetha Trueman 29 Jun 1603 at Thaxted, Essex. Note that Giles and Elizabeth’s first child was named Marie. 7 children found baptised at Thaxted 1604 to 1621 possibly 8.
Daniel M Fewell son of Egidii (Giles) & Elizabetha Fewell baptised 7 Oct 1621 at Thaxted.
Daniel Fewell married Anna Carter 22 Sep 1644 at Thaxted.
Daniel Fewell son of Daniel & Anna Fewell baptised 1646 (no day or month given) at Thaxted
Daniel Fewell married Sara Wood 1669 at Thaxted, from both Family Search and FindMyPast, neither site showed day or month.

John Fewell married Elizabeth Green 1707 at Great Dunmow (from FindMyPast)

Philip Fuell married Anna Maria Judd 26 Dec 1736 at Takeley (not Dunmow) Essex.  This and later Essex Fewell families were researched by myself and others in the relevant parish registers.

I can only find one child (Giles 1581) of Robartt and Marie Fewell with the resources I can access from Australia, nor can I determine/verify the Suffolk to Essex link.

I would like to know if anyone has been able to prove the link, if there is one, between the Giles Fewell son of Robartt and Marie Fewell baptised 12 March 1581 in Withersfield Suffolk and the Giles (aka Aegidis in PRs) Fewell who married Elizabetha Trueman/Trewman 29 Jun 1603 at Thaxted Essex?

Also did anyone ever hear from Trevor Mills again after his initial approach to us? 

I recall Trevor was going to try and access his father's genealogy records in a computer which he stated was located in his mother's house but as I recall that's the last we heard of him.  I tried to contact him via PM on here but no response.

Hope to hear from you even if it's just a hi to let me know you're alive and well.

Regards,

Offline Susie1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 06:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm alive and kicking still. Didn't do much more on the Fewell side after Brian died.  Mostly because it was his mothers side and all was not well there at the time of Brian's death.  You seem to have got on a lot further since last speaking.
I have been doing my mothers side Crow, Bridge and Rayner who are also from Essex.
Keep well. All the best. Sue
Bell - London, Dorset & Somerset
Bridge, Crow, Fewell, Prior - Essex
Cane - London & Portsmouth
Hunter - London
McLeod - Scotland, Helmsdale & Wick

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Thanks for replying, nice to know at least one of the crowd is OK.  ;D

Sorry to hear of your problems, shame when we lose someone that unwanted other problems have to rear up.

I restarted on the Fewell line because although I've a list as long as your arm awaiting Essex Ancestors searching, I've a lot more work on the garden to do before I can commit time to Essex Ancestors.  So as it was raining cats and dogs and looking for something to research for free I came across my notes of the Trevor Mills info and off I went.

Good luck with your research and health.

Offline essexbird2004

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: Sunday 01 November 15 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello you motley lot.

I am scouring the parish records weekly on line. The data base between 1837 and 2007 is extensive. But anything I have before that is only as I come across it.

As far as I'm aware none of us heard from Trevor after he said he'd look into to verifying it.

I've even been going to the local churches etc. but still no joy.
I am hoping we will get there one day.

Hope everyone is well x

Kath x
DANCE - BROWN OF LONDON

Offline Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: Sunday 01 November 15 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone

I am still around but haven't done a lot on the Fewells for a few years now.  I am not sure we even found a link between my branch and everyone else's and, if we did, what it was!

I am descended from William Fewell who married Hannah Ann Morrell in 1851. He was the son of John Fewell and Maria Clarke.

Barbara
Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: Monday 02 November 15 00:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kath and Barbara,

Great to see you are both OK.

I had noticed the odd post by you Kath so I guessed all was well with you, hope your family is OK, thanks for the response regarding Trevor Kath, I thought that would be the situation.

I have some feelers out on RootsChat to try and prove that the Giles Fewell born in Withersfield Suffolk 1581 is the same Giles Fewell who married Elizabeth Trueman 1603 at Thaxted Essex but I have a gut feeling nothing will come of them.

Should that proof come to hand I will put it on this topic.

Regards to all.

Offline essexbird2004

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: Saturday 09 September 17 21:43 BST (UK) »
HI All

I am just off to the records office again. Am checking the overseers accounts for GT Waltham and ordering the Little Waltham Fiche if i get a chance i will look at them too.

Gotta go be back later let you know if i found anything,

TTFN
Kath x

Well i am back and i didn't get a chance to look at the Little Waltham records but i did order them, so will check them out as and when i recieve them.

As for the Overseers records (Poor relief) for Gt Waltham Blimey!! they gave me the books and they were huge!!!! (ERO ref:- D/P 121/12/1 & D/P 121/12/2)

I only managed to look at years 1816,1817,1818,1821,1822  and that took me 3 an a Half hours!!
Well the info i found was interesting but not helpful as such. I am surprised the at how much money they paid out in 1 week and what they gave you money for. To name a few they paid for Rent, Shoes, Shovels,Coffins, Beds, Beer & Cheese for Funerals, Medicine, Doctors Bills, Midwifrey, Sheets plus loads more. A truly facinating read next time i go i will check the other years.

Right bet your all wondering what i found well i am not posting here it will be on my thread as there is so much so go take a look.

And by the way i am not getting notification of posts again

Kath x

does anyone know what thread i put this info on? lol
DANCE - BROWN OF LONDON