Author Topic: COMPLETED POST Edward Brown -Occupation Brewer Tynemouth 1841  (Read 4000 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Brown -Occupation Brewer Tynemouth 1841
« Reply #18 on: Monday 08 November 10 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Well done that's the marriage sorted.  :)

Would you believe the WALLSEND records on the familysearch site start in 1834 !!!!!!! so no chance of seeing the actual record on there
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 08 November 10 10:41 GMT (UK) »
You can see the marriage record here http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#w=0&p=waypoint&s=waypointsOnly&c=fs%3A1309819
Select Durham, then Sunderland (yes really!!). Then select 1769 - 1849 and enter 689 in the box marked image and press your 'enter' key.
In common with most marriage records for this time it doesn't give the names of the parents.

(For some strange reason the Wallsend records for 1833 and before are secreted within the Sunderland records  ::) Thanks to Oldgobbo for pointing this out on this useful link in the Durham Resources page http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,306119.0.html)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BoroGenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 November 10 10:44 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the continued suggestions. Yes, I did order William's birth certificate last week and it came in this mornings post. I guess at some stage it might be useful for me to visit the Newcastle Archives to find more about Tynemouth during the early 19 Century.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 08 November 10 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi davidft,
No worries as I make mistakes late at night also!

Hi Borogenes,
At least you now know that Nicholas/Jane are the likely Parents of Edward Milburn Brown.
Good luck with your research at the Archives :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline BoroGenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 08 November 10 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Trish. I have looked up the image on the Family Search Pilot site - this site is new to me and as a beginner, really helpful in getting back beyond 1837.

Offline Michael Dixon

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 08 November 10 23:27 GMT (UK) »

Forgive me for sticking my neb in here for a mo.

Although the Browns were within the Enumeration District of Tynemouth, within the Registration District of Tynemouth, within the Parish of Tynemouth, within the Parliamentary  Borough of Tynemouth, they actually lived in the town of North Shields.

The ancient Parish of Tynemouth was made up of eight " Townships", including Tynemouth, North Shields, Preston, Chirton, Murton, Whitley, Cullercoats, and Monkseaton. Traditionally the "township" wherein the parish church was built, gave it's name to the whole parish. But through a quirk of history Christ Church, the parish church of the Parish of Tynemouth, lies in the North Shields township, not within the Tynemouth township.  So folk married in Christ church were married in North Shields, not in Tynemouth.

Michael
Names.

GALLAGHER ( + variations).
Areas. Co Sligo, Co Leitrim, Co Mayo. IRELAND.
Ontario, CANADA
Lowell, Ma, USA
Counties of Northumberland & Durham, ENGLAND
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MALEY/MELIA/MALLEY  - with or without " O "
Westport Co Mayo. Northumberland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
DIXON
Cumberland.. Brampton, Carlisle, ENGLAND

Census information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.