Author Topic: tracing trivett / fry family sussex yoevil areas U.K  (Read 2435 times)

Offline aussiegirl662005

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: tracing trivett / fry family sussex yoevil areas U.K
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 13:19 GMT (UK) »
hi everyone thankyou ....
so much for your help in relation to researching my family i have been trying 16 years. i have tryed several sites only to turn up blanks or told cant be helped or no family ties. now i have a few leads i can go on thanks to you people...many thank yous you dont know how much this means to me..
im also needing info on paternal g'grandfather william george robinson  i only have death year june 1942 age at time of death 48yrs  grave site  UK  but where i do not know? <i have a photo of his grave the exact date isnt visible only month and year> no other information for him such as family ... but have war photos of him.. in army uniform
i would attach photos on here to show you
 but dont know how
if you are able to delve into this further  i would be most greatful regards aussiegirl

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for thanks and love to help further, but the Robinson name even preceded by William George is far too popular, we would need more details.  (note: 9 William George Robinsons born between 1893-1895)  Of them I have homed in on the one born in Chichester in the June quarter of 1895.   If thats the right one, perhaps you should start by applying for that birth cert.

Age 48 seems a bit young, could he have been serving in the forces or a civilian victim of a German bombing raid?

Roy G

Offline aussiegirl662005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 14:33 GMT (UK) »
hi roy,
 its a puzzle to me here
telling you everything i know
"my grand parents">>>bessie alberta lousia trivett married william george robinson in england  im gathering it might have been chichester sussex??
bessie had 1 daughter 
hilda mary robinson 20/08/1928<my mother>
i was told on several occasions by my mother that grandad robinson died in war years and was  burried in UK when my mother was 12 - 14 yrs of age rough guess.. i asked my mother when she was alive about family in uk  she would not talk about it as it used to upset her bring back terrible memories of bombs etc
bessie and hilda travelled to australia in 1948 on the moreton bay
but as for bessie & william marriage date  or details for william's family lines  " parents his birth / christening / war records etc. im at a loss

note: william did serve in the forces army? navy?  i have photos here of william in uniform with medals

kindet regards aussegirl

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 14:48 GMT (UK) »
The 1901 & 1911 cenuses place your Robinson family around Chichester at West Wittering and Felpham, but I cannot be sure which particular Robinson family William George came from.  It would be nice if he turned out to be the son of Charles W Robinson, of Wandsworth, the local coastguard.

If you can get onto Genes Reunited you will find it lists Greg, Mandy, Isobelle and Margie all with your mother, born Chichester 1928 in their family trees.  If none of these names mean anything to you, I suggest you find out what their interest is.

Re Bessie & William's marriage date.
The marriage was just outside Chichester (the Westhampnett area) in the December quarter of 1927.    GRO ref 2b 999.  One index has the surname Robinson as Robison.

Another note, if the family still resided in or near Chichester in the war years, is that they were surrounded by airfields at Tangmere, Ford and Thorney Island.  It is quite possible that many brave young men of their aquaintence lost their lives.

Roy G

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 17:00 GMT (UK) »
A search into previous Rootschat correspondence has unearthed another (or the same) William George Robinson of Westhampnett who is recorded as having married a Mary Dean in 1916 and produced a daughter Dorothy. 

RootsChat.Com England (Counties as in 1851-1901) => Sussex Lookup Requests => Topic started by: pam r on Sunday 22 June 08 07:46 UTC (UK)
Title: Marriage Lookup Westhampnett Post by: pam r on Sunday 22 June 08 07:46 UTC (UK)

There are some complex/delicate issues here so I suggest you check back on the correspondence yourself.  At the end you may have to ask yourself if you feel your William may have been married before.  Perhaps his M cert to Bessie will show him as a divorcee or widower?

Roy G

Offline aussiegirl662005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 23:01 GMT (UK) »
hello roy
thanks very much for your help once again

the names you mention from gene's re united
" margie" is me  "maiden name baker" 
"greg" is my husband .. we were both members of genes runited bout two years ago.. and i / we posted what info we had at the time on our trees
trying to locate info to help my family research.. no leeds there.
mandy/ isobelle are both distant cousins on my husbands lines re: virgin / kirby lines
as for your second queery that william may of been pre married yes that may have been possible - i will try and now look into things further thank you so much for your assistance