Author Topic: James Gerard Murphy widnes Royal Air Force (Auxiliary Air Force) 919/23 Balloon  (Read 5437 times)

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
Re: James Gerard Murphy widnes Royal Air Force (Auxiliary Air Force) 919/23 Balloon
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to all who have helped in this matter. The upshot is that Jemma and I are now in touch.
I'd missed this due to not being on the forum for some time but things always turn out right in the end!
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline englandphil

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Gerard Murphy widnes Royal Air Force (Auxiliary Air Force) 919/23 Balloon
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 March 13 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Morning Tony / Jemma, if any new info / photos arise regarding Jim Murphy, I would be interested in hearing from you

Phil

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 March 13 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil,

Good to hear from you. Sorry about the delay in replying. I don't get on here as much as I used to due to other projects.

Unfortunately I haven't had any provable info about Jim Murphy since we were last in contact. The only thing that did come to light was, according to my mother, that Jim was with the Royal Artilliary during WW1. She wasn't a hundred percent certain about this, and it may prove to be wrong, but it was the best that she could come up with. We are still in contact though and something else may surface in the future.

Tony
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline HistoryPaul

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 13 March 22 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Ive only found this thread by accident. Anyone still here interested in James Gerard Murphy please drop me a line. He was my grandfather and I can fill in some gaps if anyone is interested.