Author Topic: Assistance please  (Read 1677 times)

Offline nedda

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Assistance please
« on: Wednesday 10 November 10 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Whilst I am not new to the family tree research I find I always seem to hit a brickwall with Irish research and wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction.

I have 4 x g'grandad & grandma. On a recent trip to Victoria my Aunty found the gravestone of Thomas Harrold (we always had Harold). We believe that they came from Annagh as their daughter (3 x g'grandmother) is listed as being born there.  We believe his wife was a Margaret Derigan.

So we have now learnt that he was born 1794, and was buried in Geelong, VIC, AUS 15/8/1855. Margaret was born 1827 and was buried in Geelong, VIC 14/12/1883.

I can not find any information about them on ancestry.com, or find my past. I can't even find them on passenger records into Victoria.  I know the daughter was an assisted passenger as we found her coming on the Neptune arriving 29/3/1841.

Would be grateful for any assistance as how to find records for this illusive family.

Many thanks & Regards

Nedda
Walford - Over Stowey, Somerset
Harrold/Harold- Armagh, Australia
Durkan/Durcan, Leviston - Armagh
Pinker - Box & Christian Malford, Wiltshire
Hadfield - Mellor, Derbyshire
Sullivan - Tralee, Ireland
Kilchrist/Killchrist/Gilchriest/Gilchrist - West Riding Yorkshire, Lancashire & Australia