Author Topic: Searching for GRILLS Family from St Mellion and Callington.  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Camdenite

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Searching for GRILLS Family from St Mellion and Callington.
« on: Wednesday 10 November 10 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi There,
              Searching for relatives of the Grills family that was predominately within the Callington, St. Mellion areas around the 1700 and 1800's. I'm looking for links that I may have missed in my searches. The furthest I have researched back is to approximately 1690's to a marriage between John Grylls/Grills and Urah. This was apparently at St.Mellion. To help to determine if this is the right family John leased Woolaton in 1711 and was recorded as a Worstedcomber of St.Mellion. It appears that John died in about 1739 agai in the St.Mellion Area and Urah died in abt 1730 again in the St.Mellion area.
John Grills/Grylls then apparently married a Elizabeth Bicton/Bickton from either Lamerton or Tamerton.
If this fits your family history, I would dearly like to make contact with you.
I'm also wondering if there is any old family bibles out there that would have some family history written in them.

Cheers
Camdenite

Offline Aldivalloch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for GRILLS Family from St Mellion and Callington.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 September 13 05:57 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for information on John Grills who married Rebecca Perry in 1824 in Sandwich Kent.  I think we are researching the same Grills family  :)