Author Topic: PATRICK RICE  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Miss Kate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: LOOK UP PLEASE
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 July 06 22:33 BST (UK) »
Were you ever looking for a Peter Rice?

Kate

Offline Nutty1966

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Annie Isabelle Bollands nee Rice
    • View Profile
Re: LOOK UP PLEASE
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 July 06 07:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Miss Kate

Yes I do know now that Patrick's fatherr was called Peter, We met the other day in the chatroom ;)

Any news on this guy would be great

Thanks

Jane
LEICESTERSHIRE & MIDDLESBROUGH - BOLLANDS, GORE,
LINCOLNSHIRE - BAKEWELL, MARRIOTT
MONAGHAN & CRAMLINGTON - RICE
LAZENBY - HANSOM, HARRISON, NODDINGS, EASBY
BARNBY DUN - HARVEY, BLANCHARD
DANBY & WHITBY  - JEFFELS
LIVERPOOL - GANDER
SKELTON & ESTON - SEATON
BEDALE & MIDDLESBROUGH - STEPHENSON
BROUGHTON - HARRISON
MIDDLESBROUGH - WARD,FOSTER
PINCHINTHORPE -  POSTGATE
BILSDALE- BOYES

Cenusu informations is from crown copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uK

Offline Miss Kate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Please
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 July 06 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

I had "saved" the chat room log so I could go back to it to refer to the Rice dialog.
Later on, it was totally blank! Therefore, took me awhile to find you. Thanks for responding.

Do you have the information of a Peter Rice from Carrickedmond Louth? I've no clue if this is near Monaghan or not. This Peter Rice was born in 1832 so seems perhaps a birth year for a father of your Patrick. I'm assuming it is his birth year and not death year. I found him at FHL # 593657; M3807, page 52; item one of seven. His ancestral information and files had been re-submitted to some office in Dublin after a fire there - the fire in early 20th Century, I think.

There also was a Peter Rice who worked in the flax business however in year 1796, Sligo. He may be too old to have been Patrick's father.

I've information of other Peter Rices in Monaghan and Down but they look like they come after your Patrick Rice was born. The oldest of the three P. Rices was born in County Down. He was 20 years old when he joined up, in the year 1869 in some type of army or police work - a type of guard (?). There are then, the two other Peter Rices from Monaghan who seem to be involved with this same type of police work or military duty. One joined up in year 1873 at the age of 22 yrs. old. The other is from the early 20th Century so don't think he'd apply.

I don't know the genealogy of Ireland or Northern Ireland, very well,  frankly speaking. I do know with my maternal ancestry in the western Perthshire highlands of Scotland, the names of Peter and Patrick were used interchangeably as were Daniel and Donald. I wonder if the same is true in Ireland?

This is all I have for now but more may be forthcoming as I search through my various files. Will let you know. Have you figured out an approx. birth year for Patrick's father? Patrick's mother - her name and when/where she may have been born?

Kate

Offline Nutty1966

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Annie Isabelle Bollands nee Rice
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Please
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 July 06 12:02 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have no idea when Patricks father or mother were born, all i know is that Patrick was born 1847, so would presume (incorrectly probably) that his father was born 1822c ish!!!

Thanks for your time on this my 2nd biggest brickwall ;)

Jane
LEICESTERSHIRE & MIDDLESBROUGH - BOLLANDS, GORE,
LINCOLNSHIRE - BAKEWELL, MARRIOTT
MONAGHAN & CRAMLINGTON - RICE
LAZENBY - HANSOM, HARRISON, NODDINGS, EASBY
BARNBY DUN - HARVEY, BLANCHARD
DANBY & WHITBY  - JEFFELS
LIVERPOOL - GANDER
SKELTON & ESTON - SEATON
BEDALE & MIDDLESBROUGH - STEPHENSON
BROUGHTON - HARRISON
MIDDLESBROUGH - WARD,FOSTER
PINCHINTHORPE -  POSTGATE
BILSDALE- BOYES

Cenusu informations is from crown copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uK

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: PATRICK RICE
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 February 08 11:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jane,

What denomination was Patrick Rice? Was he a  members of the Catholic faith, the Established Church (Anglicans or Church of Ireland), a Methodist or a Presbyterian?

You'll have to rely on Church records as civil registration in Ireland was not introduced until 1864. Non Catholic marriages were registered from 1845 onwards. When registration for BDMS started in 1864 some people didn't bother with the registration for a few years after that date. Keep your fingers crossed that church records still exist.

Christopher