Author Topic: Henry Brooks LLOYD Baptised 11 Feb 1827  (Read 7192 times)

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry Brooks LLOYD Baptised 11 Feb 1827
« on: Monday 15 November 10 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Henry is my Great Great Grandfather he was baptised 11 Feb 1827 Brislington, Bristol, Somerset. I have a marriage date 27 March 1826 for his parents Robert Lloyd born 1802 Bristol, and Elizabeth Brooks born 1805 Bristol, Im looking for a marriage record for them and also any information on Elizabeth Brooks parents and siblings in the Brislington area/ Bristol area, as this is all the information I have at present

I hope you can help me

Many Thanks

Karen Boxall
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Brooks LLOYD Baptised 11 Feb 1827
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 November 10 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

The marriage date you have for Robert Lloyd and Elizabeth Brooks is correct.  It took place at Bedminster St John's church after banns.   The were both of the parish and single.

Hope this  helps,

Elizabeth

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 November 10 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your reply now looking to find any further information on either of their parents. I dont know if your able to help.
Thanks
Karen
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 November 10 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Where I access the baptism record of Robert Lloyd, Elizabeth Brooks and son Henry Brooks Lloyd
Thanks Karen

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 November 10 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

How sure are you that Robert Lloyd was born in Bristol.  I cannot find any that fit the year you are indicating.  Could he have been born elsewhere and moved to Bristol then married Elizabeth Brooks there.

Again the same thing with Elizabeth Brooks. The year does not match although there are baptisms for 1804, 1803 and 1801.

I can confirm the baptism of Henry Brooks Lloyd as 11.2.1827 in Brislington.

I have just found a tree on Ancestry that shows Robert and Eliza Lloyd with the first child being Henry Brooks Lloyd but things just don't add up on that tree in my opinion.  I will investigate it further but the Robert Lloyd on that tree was born in Bath.  Do you have any positive proof he was born in Bristol.

Have you found any of them on a census?

I will have a look later today, got to go out now.

Elizabeth

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 November 10 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Appreciate your help also have information that Robert Lloyd was an Accountant/Book Keeper at The Talbot Inn near Bedminster. which Im trying to also find out more information on.

Well I have a tree on Ancestry under the name of Karen Boxall's Family Tree. with an England 1851 census record, parish Westbury on Trym in the County of Gloucestershire of Robert Lloyd born 1803 Huntspill, somerset, and Wife Elizabeth Lloyd born 1813 Bristol St Phillips.  This 1851 census I hope is the correct record for Robert Lloyd and Elizabeth Brooks which lists their children though it does nt give Henry Brooks Lloyd being born in 1826. Also gives same
details on England 1861 Census in Clifton, Gloucester. Then a death record in 1864 Marylebone. London

But in 1841 there is a Robert Lloyd also born Somerset. who marries a Mary/Martha Burman/Barman Marriage date 1841 Parish of St Luke, London. Children George Burman Lloyd born 6 Oct 1843 parish St Luke London he married  Martha Beaumont 1866  he died 1892 Brighton Sussex.

So I just wondered if the Robert Lloyd in London married to Mary/Martha Burman is the same as the one still married to

Elizabeth Brooks .No death date or record. for her. would also like to know more about her parents and the rest of the Brooks family tree.

If you can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Karen.

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 21 November 10 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

It was obviously your tree that I looked and was a bit confused by.  Now I understand why.  My inital reaction is that Robert Lloyd did not marry Martha Barman and that they could be two separate families.  If not, Robert was very busy as you show that Eliza Brooks has more children after the birth of George Burman Lloyd but back in Westbury on Trym.  I see you are not the only one to connect these two woman with Robert Lloyd.

I would make a list of the people and dates that you have actual proof of by means of certificates and other written formal documents and start from there.

I have found Robert and Eliza in 1841 with son James but no sign of Henry Brooks Lloyd or Mary A.  That is assuming the 1851 census is the right Robert Lloyd.

Robert was a Carpenter in 1841 living in Wilson St, St Pauls Bristol and was born outside the county as was James who was born in Huntspill, the same as Robert.  Eliza was born St Phillips, Bristol,  This place of birth info is from the 1851 census.

1861  Robert a Journeyman Carpenter of Huntspill (blind) aged 56 Eliza 50 born Bristol, Thomas 16 apprentice  carpenter born Clifton, George 12 born Redland and Emily 11 born Westbury.

There is a death registered for a Robert Lloyd 1868 Clifton which could well be the same one as above.

I do not know if this family is the same one that Henry Brooks Lloyd was born to as I cannot tie him in.  In fact, I cannot find him positively.

Do you have any information on Henry i.e who he married or where he lived.

I am sorry I have not been able to help you much on this but I do feel that there are too many loose ends  to be sure you have it right.

Elizabeth

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 21 November 10 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for replying, and for your help, yes in my tree the connection of Robert Lloyd with two separate families Im also confused.

And will do a list of people with actual documental evidence and include dates like you suggested which I think is a good idea.

The people with Records which I have are noted below - working back from my Great Grandparents on my Dad's side.

On my Great grandparents marriage record which I have a copy of the Marriage 13 Sept 1887 Parish St Michaels, County Limerick. Robert Lloyd Married Sarah Anderson both Church of Ireland Denomination Robert Lloyd's father is Henry Brooks Lloyd noted on marriage record. 

On Roots Chat I requested a Parish Lookup St Pancras parish and Valda replied to me on that forum.

Robert,  my Great Grandfather was Born 22 Nov 1860 christened 10 Feb 1861  at Old Church, st Pancras Church, London

Brother
Henry Robert Lloyd born 24 Feb 1856  he stayed with Elizabeth and  Henry Aitken in 1871 Wales census noted below

Sister
Maude Elizabeth Ellen Lloyd all three baptised at Old Church Parish St Pancras London.

Im in touch with descendants of Henry Robert Lloyd I have a copy of his marriage record. and Maude Elizabeth Ellen Lloyd born 13 Apr 1858 Christened 20 Jun 1858 Old Church, St Pancras London

Henry Brooks Lloyd married Ann Mellor 17 June 1855 Tower Hamlets, London

Wales Census 1871

In the 1871 census Henry their son is noted age 15 as nephew to Elizabeth Aitken born 1833 Bristol on the Wales 1871 census with husband Henry Aitken Married 24 Sept 1854 Tower Hamlet, Middlesex, London.

In the England 1861 census there is no sign of Henry Brooks Lloyd here only his wife and children.
1861 census RG9 118 folio
61 Brewer Street St Pancras
Anne Lloyd 25 Head Wife Staffordshire
Henry R Lloyd 5 Son Islington
Elizabeth Lloyd 3 Daughter Islington
Robert Lloyd 4 Months Son

1861 census RG9 963 folio 175
Duck Street Elton, Huntingdonshire
Henry Lloyd  34 Boarder Married House painter Bristol, Somerset

HENRY BROOKS LLOYD
ANN MELLOR
Marriage:  18 JUN 1855   Saint Dunstan, Stepney, London

Deaths Mar 1888   
LLOYD  Henry Brooks  61  Kensington  1a 122

In 1881 England Census Parish Chelsea, County London. Henry is noted living with Ann and children. 

Have a death record for Henry Brooks Lloyd March 1881 age 61 Kensington. 1a 22

Going back to Elizabeth Lloyd born 1833 Bristol married to Henry Aitken some descendants of theirs have been in contact with me about my Great Grandfather. Robert Lloyd born 1860 died 1906 Treherbert. Wales.

I feel there is a connection. need to find out more about Elizabeth Lloyd's father  my 3 x Great Grandfather Robert Lloyd married to Elizabeth Brooks. as I have a marriage record date might apply to send off for marriage certificate to solve this mystery. 

Do you think the Robert Lloyd you found in the 1841 Census trade carpenter son James. is the right one. I havent seen that census yet appreciate your help

It would be good to pinpoint which Robert Lloyd is the right one. Hope your able to help.  Thanks Karen

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 22 November 10 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

I have found a few more entries in the Baptisms that might belong to your family.

You have the following children of Henry Brooks  and Ann Lloyd already.
Henry Robert born 24.2.1856 baptised 20.4.1856 of Southampton St, Camden, St Pancras Henry a Painter.
Maude Elizabeth Ellen born 13.4.1858 baptised 20.6.1858 of Wharf Road
Robert born 22.11.1860 baptised 10.2.1861 of Brewer St. Henry a Decorator.

I then found:
Mary Ann born 25.3.1863  baptised 10.4.1863 privately, d/o Henry Brooks and Ann Lloyd a Painter of 21 John St. at Bryanston Sq. St Mary Westminster.
Mary Ann born 25.3.1863 baptised 2.8.1863 d/o Henry Brooks and Ann Lloyd  a Painter of 21 John St, Edgware Road.  She must have been baptised twice as it is obviously the same person.  Perhaps she was very poorly at birth and they had a private baptism and then when she pulled through, she was baptised again later on.
Ann Sophia born 5.8.1865 baptised 3.4.1866 d/o Henry and Ann Lloyd  a Decorator of 21 John St at Bryanston Sq.
Jessie Eliza baptised 5.6.1870 d/o Henry Brooks and Ann LLoyd a Decorator of 21 John St.at Bryanston Sq.
Rosina Emily born 18.9.1878 baptised 12.1.1879 a Decorator of 52 Hazlewood Cres. Kensal New Town.

These fit in with 1881 census except for George.  I will look for him.

Elizabeth