Author Topic: Henry Brooks LLOYD Baptised 11 Feb 1827  (Read 7194 times)

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Brooks LLOYD Baptised 11 Feb 1827
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 November 10 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

You are welcome to any help I may have given.  I am sorry I could not solve this one for you but if it is any help, I have often found that brick walls like this one often become clearer if you leave it alone for a while and come back to it fresh.

I would still get in touch with Bristol though as it is the only thread to hang on to at the moment.

Best of luck,
Elizabeth

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 November 12 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Krisesjoint,

Thanks for finding 1851 census re Robert Lodge, think that must be for Lloyd. so accept this one, appreciate that thanks.

Karen.
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 02 November 12 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz

Im now searching for an 1851 Census for Henry Brooks Lloyd as he was baptised in Bedminster there is two possibilities in Somerset one in Long Ashton, Somerset, and another in Bedminster, Somerset, 

I have found Ann Mellor age 14 in 1851 census Somers Town, St Pancras, Middlesex with her parents Benjamin Mellor and Elizabeth Cooper. 

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Karen
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 03 November 12 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

I have spent quite a long time going back over this family and I am no further forward with it.

Did you ever ask the Bristol Records Office for the details of Robert and Elizabeth's marriage?  It may not have the father's names but should have the witnesses which may throw more light on the family.

I see you have a baptism for Frederic Lloyd but I don't think that is right as there is another Frederick Lloyd in Water's Lane, Bedminster as shown on the 1841 census whilst your Frederick is at Howards Green, St Lukes, Finsbury with his parents and siblings.   George and Elizabeth were baptised at St Philip and St Jacob Bristol, so would imagine that  Frederick would be baptised there too as we know he was not born in Middlesex so chances are he was born in Bristol and the family moved soon after, to London.  Perhaps it was after the death of Elizabeth, maybe in childbirth so a death entry close to Frederick's birth may be relevant.  There are a few in Bristol but nothing that jumps out immediately.  I cannot find Frederick or Robert in 1851 though.

When Robert married Martha Burman, it was stated he was a bachelor but when he married Mary Phillipson he was a widower. So is this the Robert that was married to Elizabeth, 1841 indicates it is.
It is all very confusing.

It looks as though Elizabeth Aiken remarried in 1873 after the death of Henry in 1872 but I have not checked that out.  He left her well cared for in his will.

Sorry I have not found anything new for you but it looks to me as though the family in Bath is a major contender.

Best of luck with it all,
Elizabeth

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 03 November 12 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz

Thanks appreciate your help, agree also find it confusing

Thanks again

Karen

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 03 November 12 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Forgot to say that I think Krisesjoint is right with the 1851 census for Robert and Mary as that is the only likely contender.  Someone else has already suggested the name is Lloyd and not Lodge.

The 1851 entry in Bedminster for Henry is unlikely as they had been living in London since at least 1841 and I can't see why he would have gone back to Bedminster.  The Long Ashton one is unlikely too as he was in the workhouse in 1851 and there is a married couple in Long Ashton in 1841 which is probably him.  I could  be wrong though!!

There are too many similarities with the names and too many possible wives for Robert.

What a headache.

Elizabeth

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 03 November 12 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Yes definitely a headache agree with that.