Author Topic: Henry Brooks LLOYD Baptised 11 Feb 1827  (Read 7193 times)

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Brooks LLOYD Baptised 11 Feb 1827
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 November 10 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

I think I have found George.

George Herbert Lloyd s/o Henry and Anne Lloyd baptised  at Kensington St James Norlands in Kensington and Chelsea 19.11.1876 abode 34 Bomore Road, Henry was a Painter.

I cannot find the marriage for Elizabeth ? to Henry Aitken that you have stated as 24 Sep 1854 Tower Hamlets.  Do you think it could be Elizabeth Lloyd.

I found a baptism for Elizabeth Ann Lloyd 1.5.1831 d/o Robert and Elizabeth at St Philip and St Jacob also George Robert 28.9.1828 at the same church.  These could well be the siblings of Henry Brooks Lloyd.  The names seem to be used for the next generation.

There is a  baptism for a Robert Lloyd born 21.7.1801 baptised 8.11.1801 at SS P & J son of George and Elizabeth.  Again these names are used.

Just looked at your tree again and saw that you have George Gabriel Lloyd so may be I have got it wrong again.

Elizabeth

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 November 10 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth

Really appreciate how much information you've been able to find.

Yes it was Elizabeth Lloyd married to Henry Aiken, daughter of Robert Lloyd and Elizabeth Brooks Parish St Dunstan and All Saints, Stepney, Middlesex, Tower Hamlets Henry's fathers name Robert Aiken noted on marriage bans. 

Thanks
Karen
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 November 10 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

Thanks for putting me right on the surname of Henry and Elizabeth.  I spent ages looking for Aitken and could find nothing.  As soon as I entered Aiken, all was revealed. 

I noticed that Elizabeth's father Robert was down as a painter, so would that eliminate the family from Huntspill, where Robert was a carpenter?.    It seems more and more unlikely that it is the right family.

Of course, both Robert and Elizabeth could have died before the 1841 census, so we would never find them!

Just a thought.

Elizabeth

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 05:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

No not the Huntspill Family. Here is the family in the 1841 census

HO107/667 Book 4 Folio 15 Page 22
Cottage
St Luke
Middlesex

LLOYD Robert 30 N House painter
LLOYD Martha 25 N
LLOYD Robert 14 N
LLOYD Henry 15 N
LLOYD Elizabeth 12 N
LLOYD Frederick 4 N
EASTY John 60 N Ind

Robert LLOYD Full age Bachelor Plumbler of Howards Green father George LLOYD = Martha BARMAN Full age Spinster Parish Church St Luke 18 Apr 1841

George Burman LLOYD was baptised 25 Dec 1843 (born 6 Oct) St Luke parents Robert and Martha father Plumber of Howards Green

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 06:00 GMT (UK) »
1861 census

RG9/107 Folio 72 Page 52
44 Swinton Street
St Pancras

LLOYD Robert 56 Head b Bath Painter and Glazier
LLOYD Mary Wife 40 b St Pancras
LLOYD George B Son 17 Unm b St Luke assistant in Book Shop

So another possible wife.

No luck in 1851 so far

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 06:53 GMT (UK) »
I think this must be them in 1851 (ties the occupations together, although name clearly entered as LODGE)

1851 census

HO107/1518 Folio 151 Page 31
17 Henry St
St James
Clerkenwell

LODGE Robert Head 40 b Bath Plumber and Painter
LODGE Mary Wife 31 b London Dressmaker
LODGE George Son 7 b London
ELLIOTT George Lodge 55 b London Clerk
EDGAR Ep (female) Visitor 40 Unm b London Ind

and this appears to be the marriage.

Robert LLOYD of Full age Widower a plumber and painter of 5 Gaswell Street father George LLOYD a carpenter = Mary PHILLIPSON of Full age a spinster of  Gaswell Street father Ephraim PHILLIPSON a Coffee House Keeper 23 Feb 1848 St Barnabus Church St Luke

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Elizabeth

Just  updating information and

RE Robert Lloyd

Now we have a  birth date for him. 21.7.1801 Bedminster.  and marriage date for Elizabeth Brooks. still searching for information on her Brooks family in the Bedminster area. and also have Robert's parents names  as noted on his baptism record Father George and Mother Elizabeth. and confirm with you these names are repeated in future generations.

Now trying to find out his trade Accountant/bookeeper/ painter decorator carpenter.  If you are able to shed any light on the above would be much appreciated.

Appreciate you help so far.
Thanks Karen.

sm Records

Although its noted on Roberts children s  Bedminster  Baptism Records noted as Accountant / Bookeeper  at The Talbot Inn Bath Road, nr bedminster. 

Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline Liz in France

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 24 November 10 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

This is getting worse I think rather than better.  After reading the input from Kris, I find we are back to the Martha Burman marriage as a great possibility.  I don't know what to suggest next.

There is no certificate available for Robert and Elizabeth Brooks marriage but there may be more information on the original church record.  Perhaps it would be advisable to get in touch with Bristol Records Office and ask them to check it out for you.

It is impossible to be sure that any set of parents listed against the baptism for Elizabeth Brooks is the right one as we have no other possible clue.

Elizabeth and Robert were married in Bedminster but it does not necessarily mean they were born there and they moved to Brislington or at least went there to get their son Henry Brooks baptised.

There is a baptism for Elizabeth Bennett Brooks 4.10.1801 St Luke Brislington, d/o Charles and Elizabeth and a couple of others in Bristol but we really are stabbing in the dark.

There is nothing in the Burgess file to suggest that Robert was an accountant but that is not conclusive.  Accountancy seems a long way from painting and glazing though.

I am at a loss now as to where you go from here but I would definitely see if there is more info on the register for Robert's marriage.

Best wishes,
Elizabeth

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 24 November 10 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Elizabeth,

Thanks for replying

Yes agree with you about messages from Kris, that Robert seems to be connected with Martha Burman.  I ve found a marrige date for Robert and Martha Burman 1841,  Not sure when Elizabeth Books died maybe around this time. All a bit vague.

I will get in contact with Bristol Records Office and see if they are able to help more, and give me more information in the way of records hopefully on Robert and Elizabeth.   I will definitely look into obtaining a copy of the marriage record from the marriage registers and that it gives me more information.

Many thanks for all your time and effort, when I get a copy of the marriage record Ill let you know !! the details. appreciate all your help.

Thanks Again
Karen