Author Topic: Wear Gifford  (Read 18434 times)

Offline bornarnold

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wear Gifford
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 10:37 GMT (UK) »
I am really greatful for you all In your research for the origins to John Arnold /Dury as I am a very new in this sort of thing as I am a direct decendant of John from one of his sons William 1846 and from his son Wilfred JOHN and again his son Wilfred JOHN to me Gordon and now this info goes to my son for his origins are English as he is French born to give him is origins on a plate is marvelous !!!
Are there any real conclusions  or evolutions on the Arnold/druwry /dury  side ? as I have visited the Barnstable office myself and have traced the Arnold familys in the region untill 1690 but not been able to connect them all coherently ,and non to my John although very close to age probability , I have also done a ADN research on 67 markers but never closer than 12 markers in the whole world project ,certainly non in or around Devon so I am still in the dark of my back origins from 1800

Offline Old Bristolian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stephen Bumstead 1844-1903
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hazel

I've sent you the photos via an email. I hope you had a good Christmas & I wish you a very happy New Year

Steve
Bumstead - London, Suffolk
Plant, Woolnough, Wase, Suffolk
Flexney, Godfrey, Burson, Hobby -  Oxfordshire
Street, Mitchell - Gloucestershire
Horwood, Heale Drew - Bristol
Gibbs, Gait, Noyes, Peters, Padfield, Board, York, Rogers, Horler, Heale, Emery, Clavey, Mogg, - Somerset
Fook, Snell - Devon
M(a)cDonald, Yuell, Gollan, McKenzie - Rosshire
McLennan, Mackintosh - Inverness
Williams, Jones - Angelsey & Caernarvon
Campbell, McMartin, McLellan, McKercher, Perthshire

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Steve,We had a wonderful Christmas although quiet we had so much to be grateful for particularly a great improvement in fil's health.
I wish all our fellow Roots Chatters  good hunting in 2011 and my thanks for all the help and friendship found here :)
Trees
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.