Author Topic: Hislop Family  (Read 3346 times)

Offline thommoje

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Hislop Family
« on: Wednesday 17 November 10 23:33 GMT (UK) »

Hello Fellow Roots Chatters,
                                             I am trying to find  Hislop family who lived in London and surrounds. The original family was Richard Hislop ( a Bookbinder from Glasgow )who married Susan Kail. Their children , Thomas Hislop 1865 :  Walter George Hislop 1871 ; Isabella Bowie Hislop 1874 ; Charles Ernest Hislop 1878 and William Bowie J Hislop 1868 ( died in infancy).
                                             Thomas 1865 married Emily Allen. Walter George 1871 married Nellie Alice Thompson . Isabella 1874 married Frederick James and Charles Ernest 1878 married Eliza Jane Hurley.
                                              Would love to hear from anyone who has some of these folk in their tree.
                                                  Regards, Jean Hislop
Hardie ,Hislop ,Beattie , Glass , Heslehurst
Sutherland, Riddell,Bowie, Blair , Reid, McIntosh

Purdie , Brooks, Polson, Morrison, Simpson
Murcher ,McAuslan ,Ferrier, Greig

Offline dianahislop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hislop Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 May 17 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi have just seen your post. I am the granddaughter of Charles Ernest Hislop and I live very close to Blandford in Dorset where my great grandmother Susan Kail was born.
Diana Hislop

Offline thommoje

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 May 17 00:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana,
            Great to hear from you - I believe I had contact with you many years ago. At that time, you were planning to investigate your family history but were time poor.Maybe that was via Genes Reunited .
            I have been in touch with a cousin of yours who is a Grandson of Thomas Hislop , born 1865, who was the brother of your Grandfather, Charles Ernest. I have plenty to share and would be delighted to do so.
                    Regards, Jean

Offline dianahislop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 May 17 16:00 BST (UK) »
Dear Jean

Thanks so much for your reply, sorry for the delay.  It is an extraordinary coincidence that Thomas' grandson lives about 6 miles away, and I shall definitely be contacting him.  When you consider that Richard Hislop lived most of his life in London, and Sarah Kail left Dorset for London in the 1850s, what are the chances of 2 of their great grandchildren living back in Dorset!

I do remember contacting you a long time ago, I now have more time for this project, and I'm trying to remember your relationship to me?  I have done some work on my grandmother's family, but now turning my attention to  the Hislop side, so would be very pleased to hear any information you have further back than Richard Hislop.

Best wishes
Diana

Offline thommoje

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 May 17 09:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana,
            I am figuring you have received my Personal message re the Gillingham connection . Alan `s phone number was available in the BT residential phone numbers - he would be pleased to hear from you.
           As soon as you are ready, contact me via my email and let  me have your postal address also . I am happy to send you as much as you can cope with re your Hislop s and mine.
           Our connection stems from your 3x G Grandfather and my 2x G Grandfather, Richard Hislop - that makes us 3rd cousins once removed. He was actually born " Richard Heselhurst " in 1777 but that is another story for down the track.
          I have been able to track most, if not all , of our family and back my findings with documentation. There is one will ( that of Isabella Hardie Hislop - sister of your g Grandfather Richard) which ties together the families of that Richard and his sisters , beautifully.Its detail tells me that your G grandfather , Richard, must have stayed in touch with his Scottish family despite living in London.
                       I look forward to hearing from you,  Jean

P.S.  I think that once you have submitted 4 posts on this site, you can send personal messages which will not be visible to others. If , for some reason, you don`t have my email, Alan has it and would be happy to give it to you, I`m sure

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 May 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Diana and welcome back Jean ;D

As Diana now has 2 posts you should be able to send and receive personal messages.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea