Author Topic: Carrick Family  (Read 8172 times)

Offline bitcon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carrick Family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 November 10 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank You So much for the help.

It's a good start for me to go on.

No I have no info on when Elizabeth death.

You see when My Great Grand Mother married Thomas the carrick family got real mad at him. The carricks had money and my grannie's family were real poor. My great grand parents move to Chicago in 1924. My G Grand father died in 1942 and my grannie in 1989. I tryed to get her to talk about scotland but she would not.

Lynn
Bitcon Northern Ireland, Scotland, England. Carrick Scotland,Gray Scotland,Galloway Scotland,Forsyth scotland, Campbell scotland,Mitchel scotland, McGregor scotland

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 November 10 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynn

Families ehh  ::)

This might be of interest to you. It shows in the Wills & Testament section on Scotlands People and gives you the likely death date for Thomas Snr:

Thomas Carrick, 01/04/1874. COOPER, Residing at 129 HIGH STREET, DUMBARTON, Widow MRS ELIZABETH CAMPBELL OR CARRICK at DUMBARTON SHERIFF COURT   SC65/34/19 - 3 pages.

The cost of purchasing one of these entries from SP is £5GB, regardless of the number of pages. Doesn't show what type of document it is (will/testament/inventory for example).

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 November 10 12:24 GMT (UK) »
I wonder who this James Carrick could be? Also from Wills & Testaments at SP:

James Carrick, 10/01/1898.Retired Cooper, sometime residing at 2 MOUNT PLEASANT BUILDINGS, BO'NESS, thereafter at 129 HIGH STREET, DUMBARTON, D. 02/09/1896 AT DUMBARTON, TESTATE at DUMBARTON SHERIFF COURT   SC65/34/44 - 11 pages.

Caught my eye as it is the same address as your Thomas Snr.'s death address and where the family show in later censuses. Have you definitely confirmed your Thomas's father as Thomas Carrick perhaps from his death cert?

Monica

Added: There is a death on SP in 1896 in Dunbarton for a 74yrs old James Carrick.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 November 10 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Regarding James Carrick. There is a James Carrick showing as born 1822 in Bothwell/Holytown, Lanarkshire who was a cooper by trade which looks to be the right James who died at the property of 129 High Street Dunbarton. He shows as married to a Jessie from the 1851 census onwards, no children showing from the marriage. James and Jessie are living at 2 Mount Pleasant in Bo'ness in 1891 census. Likely wife Jessie died and he then went on to live with your Carrick family.

This might help you with trying to trace the roots of the Carrick line. Given we have your Thomas in 1841 with only mother, you have I don't think any info as yet going back on the Carrick line. The birth year of James Carrick might make him a cousin or other relationship to your Thomas b. in Airdrie c. 1831.

Monica

Offline bitcon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 November 10 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Monica,

Again Thank You SO Much.

Last year on rootchat someone found Thomas 1831 father born 1809 No other info on that.
I have a lot of digging to do

Lynn
Bitcon Northern Ireland, Scotland, England. Carrick Scotland,Gray Scotland,Galloway Scotland,Forsyth scotland, Campbell scotland,Mitchel scotland, McGregor scotland

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 19 November 10 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Just found the post www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,348930.0.html

Audrey found so much  :) Including Thomas' birth in Drymen (wonder why he changed this to Lanarkshire in later years?). Whilst Thomas birth doesn't show on IGI www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true, it does show on the new LDS site http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=home

Monica

Offline bitcon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 November 10 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Monica

again thank you so much

lynn