Author Topic: Cemetery/Burial Question  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetery/Burial Question
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 November 10 23:02 GMT (UK) »
hI

1849 and 1914 is a huge difference. Can you narrow it down? I have looked on Ancestry and get too many results to give you. Have you got any census info?

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kavik

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetery/Burial Question
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 November 10 13:26 GMT (UK) »
The person I'm looking for is Dorothea Sophia (née Short) Brackenbury - she was born in Billingborough, LINCS on 2.DEC.1849, got married in Marylebone 1872 (her father remarried after her mother's death and lived in Marylebone after the marriage). She married Hubert Brackenbury. Shortly after they were married, they moved to Horbling, LINCS where all their children were born - they owned and operated The Plough Inn in Horbling. They fell on hard times and moved to Nottingham - as the story goes, shortly after they got there, Dorothea (who was actually known by, and appears on most records as, Sophia - used her middle name) left Hubert and ran off with the mayor (or someone who maybe was not the mator right away but was around 1901-1903). Hubert later in life went to live with his children who were in Leicester. He died there in May of 1899 and is buried there. Dorothea was still living in Nottingham. In 1914 she was living on Clare Street. She died the same year (third quarter) and I assume is also buried there (she is not buried with Hubert). By the time of her death, all her children had emmigrated to Canada and one came to the US.

So.....looking for a burial of Sophia Brackenbury died third quarter 1914 in Nottingham. Her death info on FreeBMD gives her name at death as Sophia Brackenbury (i.e. she apparenlty did not remarry).