Author Topic: Charles Marslen/Cook  (Read 3563 times)

Online Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Marslen/Cook
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 30 October 21 18:27 BST (UK) »
Date of birth on 1939 Register for Beatrice M Austin with Alfred G Austin matches date of birth on baptism of Beatrice Mabel Henry, daughter of Beatrice Elizabeth Henry.

I don't know if you have this or if it your Charles but posting just in case. I see the daughter in 1915 was registered in Dover.

Banns  1915
Charlton by Dover, Ss Peter & Paul
Charles Edward Marslen (bachelor) of St Mary's Within the Castle, Dover
Naomi Ruth Hoffman (spinster) of this Parish (4 Park Avenue)
Sunday December 19th
Sunday December 26th
Sunday January 2nd 1916

All other records on page have on the top line, Married on (date filled in) by the Rector.
This record has Time expired and no record of the marriage anywhere else.

Birth
Charles Marslem Hoffman
Sep 1916 Camberwell
mmn Hoffman

Baptism
Charles Marshlen Hoffman
born 25th June 1916
baptised 18th November 1916 Middlesex
parents Charles Hoffman & Ruth Naomi Hoffman

Offline larla8

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Marslen/Cook
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 November 21 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Certainly VERY interesting...

If Naomiīs son was named Charles Marslen Hoffman I suspect that Charles Marslen could be the father(?). It would be VERY interesting to find out if he has descendants and if I could get in contact with them. Itīs a bit difficult for me since they probably are still living. Is there any way to find out?

The marriage between Charles Marslen and Naomi Hoffman didnīt take place and the reason for that could be that Charles also were engaged with Beatrice Elisabeth Henry and married her in 1916. (busy fellow!) Also Beatrice gave birth to a daughter, Beatrice Mabel Henry, who was born 1915, out of wedlock. It would be most interesting to get in contact with her descendants also. According to FreeBMD Beatrice Mabel married a Alfred George Austin in 1934 and may have had four children: Malcolm 1935, Marlene 1938, Jane 1947 and Jill 1954. However, FreeBMD could be wrong???

Charles And Beatrice Elisabeth Henry also got a son, Charles Edward Marslen, in 1916 but sadly he died the same year. Also Charles Marslen was killed in action 15 Sep 1916.

If anyone has some tips of this I would be most grateful.

Lars Larsson (in Sweden)