Author Topic: Emanuale Nenna  (Read 1398 times)

Offline jim6546

• RootsChat Extra
  • Those were the days
    • View Profile
Emanuale Nenna
« on: Friday 19 November 10 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Trying to find some info on Emanuale Nenna from Italy, On his sons marriage cert it says he was a captain, lik to find him if i can, his sons name was Nicoli Paulo Nenna and he married in ireland to sarah power.
Jim.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Emanuale Nenna
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 November 10 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It's helpful if you can include some info re: possible birthyear etc

If I have the right 1901 entry Nicoli (shown as Nicholas) was 48yrs old so b approx 1852/53 so his fathers birthyear could be in the 1820's or 30's depending on whether there were any children prior to Nicoli

Is Nicholas on the 1911 census as that may show more info re: the precise place in Italy where he was born
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline jim6546

• RootsChat Extra
  • Those were the days
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 November 10 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi-Carolew
                 The only census he and his family are on is the 1901 liverpool, his daughter mary shows up on the 1911 but not the rest of the family, it is nicholas's father i'm after the only thing i have is nicholas's marriage in Ireland and that names his father, on the 1901 census it just says italian.
jim.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 November 10 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I know it is his father you are looking for - I was trying to pin down a possible birthyear for him by using the 1901 info about Nicholas

If there are several entries in some Italian records somewhere for an Emanuel Nenna - you need some way of narrowing down the possibilities

Nicholas died 1917 in Prescot and Sarah in 1932 in Birkenhead but perhaps they were out of the country for the 1911 census. 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline jim6546

• RootsChat Extra
  • Those were the days
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 November 10 19:15 GMT (UK) »
hi-caroleW,
                 Nicholas was put in rainhill sanitorium 1912, as far as we know the family was still in liverpool, when he married in ireland their first son was called emanual but he died, then in 1896 they had another son called manual on his birth cert 1896 and emanual on his death cert 1900 age 4.
nicholas's  birth was about 1853 ish as you say .
jim.