Author Topic: Death Certificate contents- completed  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Death Certificate contents- completed
« on: Sunday 21 November 10 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can shed some extra light on my query.   I recently requested and have since received a copy of a gg grand fathers death entry "Certified Copy of an Entry of Death" from the GRO for NI.
While I am pleased to have the actual date he died and the cause of death, I am disappointed that there is no mention of his wife's name or his parents.     Is this 'normal' or do I need to request a more detailed or 'full' copy of his death registration?
The death was recorded 30 May 1913 in the district of Coalisland      and Dungannon is also recorded.

Hope someone can educate me further.
Abygail
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Tyrone- SEETON George, John; COULTER Mary>1919
Clonmel Tipperary - KELLY Daniel b1812 wed in Aust.1849 
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
Headford Galway - Bridget KING famine orphan and Tuam Workhouse
  Abygail

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death Certificate contents
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 November 10 09:53 GMT (UK) »
It sounds as though you have received the 'full' copy- unlike birth certificates there's only one version as far as I know. As well as the exact place of death (townland or street) there should be registration and sub-registration districts.
See here for details included in Irish death certificates-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,433043.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Death Certificate contents Completed
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 November 10 02:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, I had a sneaking suspision that it wasn't going to get any better.   Will try for a birth certificate or two as well as marriage certs next.
Thanks again,  Abygail
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
  Abygail

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 November 10 08:00 GMT (UK) »
See here for details listed on birth and marriage certificates, etc.:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,442233.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jcass

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 November 10 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi
You could try the gravyard he is buried in.
I found lots more info from them than the death certificate.
Althought this was the City Cemetry Londonderry and Belfast was just as helpful.
They were able to give me place of death who registered the death, what their connection was and the name of the parents I also got the details of others in the grave as well.
The church he bolonged to may have this info aswel.

J

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 November 10 23:28 GMT (UK) »
I was fortunate enough to visit Ireland Sept just gone and did visit the church (Crossdernott) where the majority of the family have been buried and got to read the death register for the church as well.   Unfortunately there are no entries for 1913 at all.  Given the number of other family members buried there I am reasonably certain that George is also buried there and all the inscription on the head stone reads is "Seaton Family"  It is a reasonably new one, possibly paid for by the youngest son when he was buried there c1973.   The plot is a large one so provided the early burials were sunk deep enough, and the time frame of nearly 100 years I doubt there are other graves within the churchyard for the family.
Thank you for the input all the same.
Abygail
  Abygail