Author Topic: James Morrison decendants  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
James Morrison decendants
« on: Sunday 21 November 10 07:04 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for additional information about the Morrison family - 1911 Census of Ireland (Co Tyrone).   I hope there are descendants who are willing to help me with some information.
James Morrison age 54 born c1857
Sarah Ann nee Donaldson (widow of H Seaton died 1893 Glasgow) b1866 Tyrone
Samuel James Morrison age 9 born c 1902
Sarah Jane Morrison age 8 born c 1903   and Sarah Ann's son
Hugh Seaton born in Glasgow c1892 age 17
While the Morrison family is not related to me I'm hopeful that someone may be able to share some information about Sarah Ann and her son, Hugh Seaton.   A photo would be my wish come true.

I have some additional info that I have since found in the 1901 census for Ireland.  It seems that Sarah Ann also had a daughter from her first marriage.    Edith Seaton, who was a year older than her brother Hugh.    I'm guessing that by 1911 she was either married (at 18 yrs) or working elsewhere.   So if Edith has descendants I would love to know.
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Tyrone- SEETON George, John; COULTER Mary>1919
Clonmel Tipperary - KELLY Daniel b1812 wed in Aust.1849 
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
Headford Galway - Bridget KING famine orphan and Tuam Workhouse
  Abygail

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Morrison decendants
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 November 10 07:31 GMT (UK) »
Abygail,
           I assume that your information comes from the 1911 census. The couple were married on 21 April 1898 in Altedesert Presbyterian Church, Pomeroy, Cookstown.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline Abygail

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: James Morrison decendants
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 November 10 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you ever so much for that information, it all helps to fill in to gaps and the 'I wonder what happened to's' after a spouse dies.   Edith and Hugh Seaton Jr were first cousins to my  maternal grandmother - their respective fathers were brothers.    I know Hugh and his wife didn't have children of their own although they did adopt a girl who provided them with several grandchildren.     I would like to find out what happened re Edith.
Abygail
Durham - HARDY Ann, Mary, CLARKE William, Elizabeth, DABRON Robert, Thomas, Rhoda >1853
Tyrone- SEETON George, John; COULTER Mary>1919
Clonmel Tipperary - KELLY Daniel b1812 wed in Aust.1849 
Cornwell - Newton on Abbot area SYMON(D)S - George Harvie wife BALSOM(E) Mary b1795
Headford Galway - Bridget KING famine orphan and Tuam Workhouse
  Abygail