Author Topic: Honorable Robert Tracy and Ann Dowdeswell  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
Honorable Robert Tracy and Ann Dowdeswell
« on: Sunday 21 November 10 20:44 GMT (UK) »
I am starting to research the Viscount Robert Tracy II line....his son the Honorable Robert Tracy married Ann Dowdeswell....I did find the birth of their son Thomas Tracy, christened Feb 1689 but could not make out the hand writing.  It was in Holborn, London but it said the family was from Turbos Court.  The first word Turbos could not be made out so I am quessing from what the entry looked like...any ideas of what Turbos might be since I am incorrect in trying to translate the transcription?  The Honorable Robert Tracy did serve as a judge.  He did have a daughter Anne Tracy (1687-1761) who married twice.  First marriage was to Charles Dowdeswell and second marriage was to a Wylde.  A daughter Anne Dowdeswell  (1709-1761)  was born to the first marriage to Charles Dowdeswell.  But I am confused as to the second marriage....( In some places I see that name being Charles Wylde and in other places I see the name Thomas Wylde (1670-1740)).  Who is the right Wylde?  And if this is actually Thomas Wylde, he had a son Robert Wylde (1706-1741) from his first marriage to Katherine. I have this son Robert Wylde (1706-1741) marrying Anne Dowdeswell ( I am a bit confused....did one biological son who became step son become the husband of his step sister Anne Dowdeswell. )   chuckle....getting a head ache over here trying to figure it all out.  THANKS so much for all of your help!!!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Honorable Robert Tracy and Ann Dowdeswell
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 December 10 00:13 GMT (UK) »
You should enjoy reading this publication...Thomas Wylde is the second marriage according to what is written here (MDCCLXXX1X, 1834)...
http://books.google.ca/books?id=418UAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA11
Robert Tracy/Ann Dowdeswell
( No mention of a Thomas) Three sons, Robert, Richard & William & two daughters Ann & Dorothy ( seems named after his mother, his father's second wife, Dorothy Cox  )  it says Ann's second husband Thomas Wylde was commissioner of exise,  member in several parliaments for the city or Worcester & died 1740

It looks as though grandson Thomas (son Robert's son) also married a Dowdeswell? I don't THINK I read that wrong...
 :-\) (The men are prominent here, as sons marry un-named daughters of men...

You may find some information in there... J.J.

:)  p.s. judging by the above information there were likely dozens of Ann Dowdeswell...have fun sorting)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 December 10 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Extracted IGI christenings for some children of first marriage to Bridget Lyttleton
Thomas TRACY christened May 24, 1622  St Martin In The Fields, Westminster, London, Eng. / Parents Robert TRACY & Bridget
Francis TRACYE  Apr. 17  1627   Fairford, Gloucester, Eng. / Parents Robert TRACYE & Bridgett
Charles TRACYE Apr. 19, 1629   Fairford, Gloucester, Eng / Parents Robert TRACYE & Bridget
Ann TRACYE  Sept. 5 1630......   Fairford, Gloucester, Eng / Parents Robt TRACYE & Bridget
Charles TRACYE Aug. 12, 1632  Fairford, Gloucester, Eng. / Parents Robert TRACYE & Bridgett

The IGI also has a christening for a Robert TRACY Sept. 17 1655  Much Marcle, Hereford, Eng / Parents Robert & Dorothy
( Dorothy's father Thomas Cox was from Castleditch)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 December 10 01:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks ever so much....many thanks sent across the sea.  Will have to take a pen to the info and jot it all down. 
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 December 10 01:25 GMT (UK) »
Hmmm...wouldn't it be easier to save it to the hard drive?

There are births christenings for Saint Giles Cripplegate, London and also St Andrew, Holborn, London for 2 couples
Robert Tracy & Ann all with similar names...so you will have to find the right marriages to sort those out

Wait I see now it should be the St Andrew, Holborn, London ones, as there's a William Robert & ann, but also an Elizabeth & Thomas & Charles.......No Richard or Dorothy mentioned, so were those middle names, or ??