Author Topic: Snowdon Family History  (Read 2905 times)

Offline lindagene

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Snowdon Family History
« on: Monday 11 April 05 23:27 BST (UK) »
 ;D???

So I found this amazing site, with all these names of the Snowdon's going back to 1592....All I presume in N. Yorks
see  http://www.bedfordpark.net/genealogy/snowdon/tree.thm

trouble is I can hardly make head not tail of it.  The little bit that applies to my part of the tree is ok as far as it goes, but is incomplete.

Has anyone else seen this site and understood it?  if so then please could you explain it to me  ??? ???

An obviously pretty stupid

Lindy  :-[
Snowdon, Collinson,  Durham, Northumberland,Yorkshire
Payne, Essex    Baker  Norfolk/Essex/Australia
Davies  Staffordshire, Shropshire

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Snowdon Family History
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 April 05 17:19 BST (UK) »
Looks like a descendant chart from Robert Snowdon (1592-?).

In this kind of chart, the oldest child is shown immediately below his/her parents, and indented 4 spaces. This child's own oldest child goes on the next line (indented a further 4 spaces), and so on. This means that brothers and sisters can be separated by several lines, so the vertical lines help to line them up (and any cousins in the same generation).

On this site, where the compiler knows of someone researching a particular line, he's made it bold, and at the end he's given their name. If this is your family, I guess he'd be interested to hear from you.

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lindagene

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Snowdon Family History
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 April 05 22:47 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D
Arthur,
You are so right, I have heard from him and he would be delighted to know my branch of the familys history.  It is good, as I know that he had gone astray in a small way with one of my lot, so I can let him know the real story.  It is always nice to feel that you can help.

Thanks for your response

Lindy
Snowdon, Collinson,  Durham, Northumberland,Yorkshire
Payne, Essex    Baker  Norfolk/Essex/Australia
Davies  Staffordshire, Shropshire