Author Topic: frost /warwick  (Read 2203 times)

Offline thomas1879

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
frost /warwick
« on: Tuesday 23 November 10 12:49 GMT (UK) »
ca anyone help i have 4 children beatrice j frost 1914 william frost 1920 agnes frost 1924 and hilda m frost 1927 all bellingham father frost mothers maiden name warwick  can you findout if the father was william and the mother agnes jane warwick please ther maybe younger children
hedley frost gwynn nevison hopkins

Offline Mort29

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: frost /warwick
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 12:53 GMT (UK) »
FreeBMD ( a great and easy to use site) shows this marriage:-

Marriages Dec 1904   
Frost  William    Longtown  10b 852   
Warwick  Agnes Jane     Longtown  10b 852   

As the kids you name were born in the Bellingham Reg District, I checked for any Frost to Warwick marriages there too - and drew a blank.

Might have to purchase a Birth Certificate?

Offline thomas1879

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 12:58 GMT (UK) »
yes got the marriage but looked on free bmd and those children came up parents frost and warwick   just wondered anyway to see if these are william and agnes kids william and agnes were married longtown cumberland william born1862 longtown

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Just to confirm:

So are you trying to find out if the children you listed are born to William Frost and Agnes Jane Warwick?

If William was born in 1862 then he would have been 65 when daughter Hilda was born. So unless Agnes was a LOT younger than him, these are unlikely to be the right children for this couple.

Have you tried locating William and Agnes in the 1911 census to see who their children are?

I take it you are trying to progress back by finding out the parents of one of these children? Which of these children is your ancestor?

Offline thomas1879

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 14:13 GMT (UK) »
yes william is old agnes is 20 years younger born 1884 william is my ancester

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Bellingham and Longtown Registration districts were adjacent, so they could have married just across the boundary in Longtown, then went to live a short distance away and their children were registered in Bellingham.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 14:55 GMT (UK) »

So Agnes would have been 43 when Hilda was born. That's possible ....  :) If they married in 1904 you would expect there to have been children born before Beatrice in 1914.

I still think the 1911 census might be useful to have. It would tell you how many children they had by that time, if any, of course.  :)

Do you have the birth certificate of your William born 1920? As Mort suggested, this will give both parent's names, just to confirm that you are on the right track.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 15:19 GMT (UK) »

I still think the 1911 census might be useful to have. It would tell you how many children they had by that time, if any, of course.  :)

I tried looking for that to no avail  ???
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thomas
As has been said if you can find them in 1911 that should help a lot. Unfortunately we cannot help with look ups but the index is free to search and there are lots of suggestions on this thread:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,492718.0.html

With luck you should be able to find them.  Another option is to see if they were baptised locally.
Do remember that someone born in the 1920s may be still living so we need to be wary about what is posted.
Regards
Andrea