Author Topic: frost /warwick  (Read 2202 times)

Offline thomas1879

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: frost /warwick
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 20:18 GMT (UK) »
cheers      i went on Genes Reunited  and found william frost 1863 born cumberland longtown location on census cumberland arthuret  also mary frost born cumberland carlisle    on census at arthuret  same as william cannot view document as have no credit         1901 census
hedley frost gwynn nevison hopkins

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 22:15 GMT (UK) »
This will be the reference for the 1901 census you found

Class: RG13; Piece: 4862; Folio: 26; Page: 27.

On another site they have been transcribed as Fross hence why I didn't find them. They are living at 15 Swan Street, Longtown and William is a railway labourer and Mary is his wife - so William was married before he married Agnes

James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 22:18 GMT (UK) »
And this is probably Mary's death, allowing him to marry Agnes

Deaths Jun 1904   
FROST  Mary Murray  29  Carlisle  10b 359
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 22:20 GMT (UK) »
And this is William's first marriage

Marriages Dec 1895   
Bell  Mary Murray    Carlisle  10b 825   
Frost  William     Carlisle  10b 825   

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any credits for Scotlandspeople?

I did a search on Frost births 1905 to 1911 filtered to include the word Warwick and it threw up two matches so there is possibly two births there that may be of children of your William and Agnes, and they were possibly still there at the time of the 1911 census