Author Topic: George Duker Killed  (Read 9136 times)

Offline Honouroll

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Duker Killed
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 08 July 21 12:19 BST (UK) »
Dear pixi_ears, bottlebrush & polkadot 41
You can look up 'Ann Duthie' on the internet & see a photograph of the ship that Mary Ann Duker née Lampard sailed on, an example ticket that is in the museum of Aberdeen where the ship was built at the Duthie shipyard & a picture of the lady the ship was named after

Great thanks to whoever has put info of family tree online. We did not know there was a Mary Ann Dorma née Duker who went out first in the gold rush

Very best wishes
From GG granddaughter of Annie  Murch née Duker. She wrote the terrible news of  brother, George Duker to their sister, Margaret Bonarius née Duker

Offline Honouroll

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Duker Killed
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 22 April 23 18:36 BST (UK) »
Another newspaper article. Less sensational but more detail, like newspapers today. Shows what George's sister, my poor Great great grandmother, Annie Murch née Duker, experienced when having to 'stand alone'. I'd love opinions but I think one particular detail suggests another cause

I am looking into other background & will post when I can.
So far that Christian Henry F. Blodhagen & Emily Bean (though her maiden name may have been Glakel. That 1881 census says she was Prussian) married in 1873 in Stepney, London between July & September according to FreeBMD (Births, Marriages & Deaths)
Christian died in 1878 aged 35 in St George in The East (where there was a big hospital) between January & March according to GRO (General Register Office)

very best wishes & thanks to everyone