Author Topic: McGerty Ballyconnell related to Dolans and Brady & Reilly/Riley  (Read 9328 times)

Offline eldey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McGerty Ballyconnell related to Dolans and Brady & Reilly/Riley
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 December 10 21:35 GMT (UK) »
I have been looking for the Mc Gerty Reilly connection. Well for the Reillys of Lecharrownahone. In recent weeks I have visited the townland of Lecarrownahone outside Ballyconnell on the road to Ballinamore. There is a Con Mc Gerty still living there. I have not met him in person. But he now has the land on which the Reillys lived. A Mary Mc Gerty married a Peter Reilly. The Reillys moved away and it would seem that the elderly Con Mc Gerty is the last member in that twonland. I am searching for a Catherine Clarke who married a Terence Reilly from the Reilly family in that townland.

Offline Mrs Wolf

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 December 10 07:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello I have a bit of trivia on Con McGerty from Lahernahone...dearest Con was my Dad's best friend. My Dad's name was James Francis Prior who lived in Lahernahone, they used to play music together. Dear gornaleck (?)  Yes he is a brilliant fiddler as was my Dad a great musician.   I was very priveliged to visit Con's dear mother in the 1970's. She was the dearest elderley woman dressed all in black,  who sat next to her fire in the stone hearth where she was still cooked in a cast iron pot. Con lived with his mother then in a typical stone cottage. There floor was made of flag stone. Bless them...

Offline Chapter5music

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 19:35 GMT (UK) »
I'm now pretty sure that I am the Grandson of Con McGerty that "macflirty babe" is researching. Previous post above refers to my late Father John Gerald McGerty born in Barrow in Furness in 1907

Regards,
Dave McGerty

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Allan McGarrity

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 June 13 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I was very interested to see this post and hope some of you are still using the site.

I have been trying to find information on the McGearty / Geherty / Reilly / Brady's from around Templeport.

My GG Grandfather was Bernard McGearty ( changed to McGarrity when moving to Scotland)

Bernards was baptised in Templeport in 1839 and his parents were Patrick McGearty and Bridget Reilly.

Bernard moved to Glasgow, Scotland I think in the 1860's and he married Margaret Gunn around 1868 also from Templeport and I beleive they moved together with Margarets mother and step father, Catherine and Patrick MaGuire.

In the 1881 census Bernard is living in Anderston, Glasgow with several children and visitors by the name of Brady from Ireland.

I am trying to find more information on Patrick McGearty and Bridget Reilly, can anyone help?

Thanks
Allan