Author Topic: uggg am foxed  (Read 6398 times)

Offline Eds

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: uggg am foxed
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 21:05 GMT (UK) »

Thank you very much every one.
          Thanks for the newspaper info Tom, I love the snippets that turn the
          names into people.
          Be just my luck to have part of the Pilsley census missing.
          Ta muchly again
          Eds
HOWARD, Buckingham, Staffordshirs, Worcestershire LLOYD Shropshire, Worcestershire, EDWARDS, Sussex, Kent, London,BISHOP, MATTHEWS,Sussex, BASKERVILLE, WEBB, Glamorganshire,Monmouth.JONES, Carmarthenshire ROGERS Pembroke, Carmarthenshire

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 06:34 GMT (UK) »
You found some fabulous snippets Tom  :)

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Yes,

By the way a Henry Bark of Chatsworth was nominated to be the guardian of the poor in his parish in 1878 and 1881-not sure of course if this is the same family as above.

I could search for the other children of the Bark family-I did a search on a George Bark, in case they were in the same family, but all I got was a George of Chesterfield, a publican who married a Miss Elizabeth Marriott in 1858 and his subsequent caution for a serious offence, the details I would send by way of PM if Eds wants them.

Tom

Offline Eds

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 December 10 21:39 GMT (UK) »

Greetings Tom,
   I am not too sure about a Henry Bark ( at this stage anyway) so ta.
   Would definitely like the details on that George thanks.
   James Bark is another I would like info on if possible.
   A Francis Harrison of Tideswell son Thomas Frederick married a
   Margaret Bark and he left a good sum in his Will, I gather he may
   have made the newspaper at some time. He died in 1870.
   Ta muchly
   Eds
HOWARD, Buckingham, Staffordshirs, Worcestershire LLOYD Shropshire, Worcestershire, EDWARDS, Sussex, Kent, London,BISHOP, MATTHEWS,Sussex, BASKERVILLE, WEBB, Glamorganshire,Monmouth.JONES, Carmarthenshire ROGERS Pembroke, Carmarthenshire

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 December 10 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Eds,

So far this item:

The Derby Mercury Wednesday, May 30, 1883

TIDESWELL

MARRIAGE FESTIVITY

On Thursday morning last the nuptials of Mr. Hedley Hill with Miss Mary Harrison, daughter of the late Mr. Francis Harrison, of Tideswell, were celebrated at St. John’s Church, Tideswell, under very pleasant auspices. The weather was delightfully fine, and, the event having become widely known, many persons came to witness it. The bride appeared extremely well in a beautiful ruby cashmere dress with ruby-satin trimmings, ruby satin hat and cream-coloured feather and wreath of orange blossom on her forehead. She was attended by Miss Margaret Harrison, Mrs. Alfred Hill, and Miss Ellen Hill, as bridesmaids, who were also very neatly attired. The bride was given away by her brother, Mr. Fernando Harrison. The Rev. S. Andrew, R.D., assisted by his brother, the Rev. James Andrew, performed the marriage ceremony. The bells rang out a merry peal at the close of the ceremony, and on the newly married pair leaving the church, they received an ovation of showers of rice. On returning to the bride’s residence, the whole party, with Rev. S. Andrew, Rev. J. Andrew, Dr. Parke, senior, and other invited guests of both families were entertained at an excellent wedding breakfast. The tables were nicely adorned with bouquets of flowers amid the choice edibles with which it was laden. The “Health of the Newly married Pair” and other kindred toasts and wishes were expressed. During the afternoon the whole party had a very enjoyable trip to Chatsworth Hall and the park. A variety of handsome and useful presents have been received by the happy couple from their friends and relations, in expression of the their good wishes.

Then this one as well:

Births, Deaths, Marriages and Obituaries .
The Derby Mercury Wednesday, January 19, 1870

On the 5th Instant, at Tideswell, Mr. Francis Harrison, late of Tondu Iron Works, Wales; much respected.

On the same day (6th instant) at Tideswell Moor Toll bar, , Mr. John Harrison aged 25.

Quite a bit on the Tondu Iron Works-the date of the first charge from the blast furnace, various strikes, break up of partnerships, the truck system brought into question. I think it was in Bridgend Glamorganshire, so little in Derby Mercury but plenty in other papers, but nothing which mentions Francis Harrison and no mention of the will either, though that wedding looks a bit special with all those fancy clothes.

This on a George Bark, not the same fellow clearly.

The Derby Mercury  Wednesday, May 26, 1858

MARRIAGES

At Trinity Church, Chesterfield, of the 17th May, Mr. George Bark, to Miss Elizabeth Marriott, both of Chesterfield.

I had a look at the census, and found in 1881, that this George and Elizabeth Bark were at Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, him a cellarman born Flintham, Notinghamshire-in 1871,  in says Flinton, Notttinghamshire, and again George is a porter at a spirit vaults. The story in 1883 is about a George Bark, landlord of Woolpack Inn in Chesterfield, so its the same man all the way through, but if born in Nottinghamshire, is that your family of Bark?

The Derby Mercury  Wednesday, August 2, 1882
WIRKSWORTH

CAPTURE of POACHERS: At the Town Hall, Wirksworth, on Wednesday George Bark and William Newton, said to have come from Winster, were brought up before the A. F. Hurt Esq., and other magistrates, on a charge of night poaching-Samuel Fearn and Thomas Bembridge, game watchers, said they were watching in a wood at Grange Mill on the Hopton estatate belonging to H. Chandos Polegell, Esq., when they came upon the prisoners in the act of poaching. Both were captured and conveyed to Wirksworth lock-up, a quantity of nets, sticks etc., being also seized. They now pleaded guilty and were each ordered to pay a fine of £5, or to be imprisoned for one month in default.
  More to follow

Tom

Offline Eds

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 December 10 22:33 GMT (UK) »

Ta muchly Tom. Looks like I have been looking in the wrong area
               in the census for this lot.
               Sure appreciate what you are doing
               Eds

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 05 December 10 23:09 GMT (UK) »

Ta for your help.
                I have a John Bark 1785 a sibling of Thomas. So that John with
                Elizabeth may well be he.

Hi
I'm related to this lot (my Mum was a Bark).
I can't find the details at the moment but as far as I remember I had John (1785) and Thomas(1790) as sons of John and Hannah Bark.

My lot descend from George Bark(1759) and Hannah. George was the son of Thomas and Parnell and I think I decided that John who married Hannah was probably son of Thomas and Parnell too since Parnella was the name of a grandaughter.

I'll have a look and see tomorrow  ;D
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eds

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 06 December 10 08:48 GMT (UK) »

Greetings Gardener
   Yes I think John who married Hannah Allen must the the son of Thomas and Parnell. Why his birth/BP is missing or I just haven't found it ? I would love to find the marriage of Parnel parents as that may explain her first name.
Be great if you do have some answers. :)
Ta muchly
Eds

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 15:55 GMT (UK) »

Need to find Thomas and Ann Bark in 1841 census
           Have them in 1851 Pilsley
           Thomas Bark  born abt 1790
           Ann         "         "      " 1796
           John        "         "      " 1834

They had a son Robert BP in 1836 Edensor, he was the last of  13
 Be most grateful, if they can be found in 1841, am wondering abt their John
 Thanks
 Eds

The 1841 is so hard to read!

I have notes for
John and Elizabeth who you have

William Bark aged 30 living with Mary Frost aged 20 (wife of a painter Frost) - my records give this as being at Edensor

Isaac Bark aged 20 at "Riverside"

Mary Bark aged 40, plus children Sarah, Mary and Henry, at Beeley Park Farm Gate (This is wife of William above)

Those are old notes from pre-Internet times and there are no census numbers to go with them

Also in 1841 are

Beeley
Eunice Bark 20  [added: HO107 piece 183 book 4]
living with Samuel Vickers -?mother's family

Nether Birchill, Hassop
Hannah Bark 50
John ditto 26 ag lab
George ditto 24
HO107-piece 183, book 15

Not much help I am afraid.
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk