Author Topic: Arthur Reuben Gough Born England  (Read 9967 times)

Offline lankyloo98

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Reuben Gough Born England
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 April 11 08:29 BST (UK) »
Good Morning,

You wouldnt remember me from my Grandad's funeral, but if you are still interested I have a lot to tell you! We are now an even larger family than before, which I know Grandad Gough was proud of.
My mom was delighted you have been in touch and say's Hi.  I am hoping that you will be soon be able to post to my email address as I have loads to tell you about the family as I am sure you have.
I have been researching the family for a few years now, so I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lorraine

Offline Number12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 14:22 BST (UK) »
I first read this page almost a year ago.  It was a great shock to me.  I have spent £60 on Certificates to verify the statements made.  I can supply information about the last 14 years of Arthur Reuben Gough's life if anyone would like to know.

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 14:33 BST (UK) »
if you make 2 more posts you will be able to use the PM (personal message) system and be able to contact lankyloo98 with more private information. If you have problems using the pm after making 2 more posts, someone here on the site will help you through it.
Val

Offline lankyloo98

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

I would love to hear from you about my Great Grandad as it is the later part of his life that I am stuck on.  Please feel free to email me direct.
Look forward to hearing from you soon

Lorraine

Offline Number12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorraine
I was in the house when your great grandfather (my father) died in Bristol 5th January 1960 at about 5:15 in the evening.  I have two older siblings.
Obviously, there is much I could tell you, but for the present I would only like to know what specific questions you have and then consider whether or not I can answer them.  I expect you will understand that this whole subject is a very sensitive one for me and my siblings.
Best wishes

Offline lankyloo98

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 16:59 BST (UK) »
I do understand this being sentative and I hope that eventually you will be able to email me direct.
This investigation of the family didnt start out with any intention of upsetting anyone, it was only later that I realised that it wasnt as straight forward as first seemed.
My own mom (Arthur Reubens Granddaughter) was curious as she remembered bit about him and was very close to her nan Beatrice (Arthur Reuben's second wife)
I wondered if you could tell me about his life in Bristol.  When did he marry and did he go on to have other family?
Did you know that he had been married twice before?
Did the other family know about his past?
There are so many things I would like share with you but feel that it would be probably better if this was done more privately so as no body is upset.
I would love to hear more but if you feel that you would rather not continue then please let me know.

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 17:41 BST (UK) »
Number12, welcome to Rootschat

For your information, the Personal message system that I mentioned is for private exchange of information between the parties involved. When the PM system is used, nothing shows up on the regular rootschat thread. That is why I suggested making the total of 3 posts so that you could exchange info with lankyloo98. Using the PM, you don't need to give your email address so all of your personal information stays private. It is a great way for Lorraine to ask questions and you to answer without either of you giving away information that you would prefer not to. (such as your personal email address)

When researching our ancestor's, you never know where it will go or what info you will find. Good luck to both of you and your families.

Val

Offline Number12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 17:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Val, so I suppose this is my third post!  What is the procedure now, please?

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 19:01 BST (UK) »
For each rootschat member, you will see a little green scroll about an inch below the user name. Click on the scroll below the one for lankyloo98 and that will open up a new box. Just type in the information that you want to send to Lorraine and press send. It should work. When she responds, you will get an email from rootschat saying that you have a personal message. You can access your messages at the top of the page next to your name when you are online at rootschat. It will say that you have messages and how many are new each time that you come onto the site. When you receive a message and want to reply, just click on reply and you should be able to type in the info and then send it off. The messages will only be visible to you and the person you are sending the message to.

Let me know if you have any trouble. it can be a bit confusing at first. After you send and receive a few, it will be very easy. If you don't understand my instructions, just say so and I am sure that someone else will jump in and explain things in an easier way.

Val