Author Topic: James and Tyler marriage lookup please  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James and Tyler marriage lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 December 10 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Looking back through your other posts, I see that John James, head of your 'Ditfield' family names his birthplace as Egremont, Carmarthenshire - as does Simon James, father of Elizabeth and Martha  - and one of John's sons is named Simon.  They were both born c1832-1834.

Egremont is described in A Topographical Dictionary of Wales - S. Lewis (info from Genuki) as having only 140 inhabitants in 1844. 
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DAVID WALTERS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James and Tyler marriage lookup please
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 December 10 09:03 GMT (UK) »
All this is looking very interesting.

I believe I said it before that one of John's daughter's went to live with John's family in Llanelly to have her child fathered by a Walter Tyler, then returned to the Maesteg area. Changing the child's name to the family name of James.

I checked all the houses on Station Road this morning, there is no Tyler or James family, only those at number 20. This must be the house that Elizabeth stayed in to have her baby, then both returned to the Maesteg area before 2 April 1911.

The funny thing is I cannot find any record of Edwin Tyler James or Edwin James Tyler for 21 years up to his marriage at Bridgend in Nov 1911. Wonder what name he used for those years?

I did find a medal roll index for Edwin Tyler James. I know he served in WW1, for he was hurt, kicked in the head by a horse and no longer fit for service. They put some kind of plate in his head. Yet I cannot find a pension record for him. He is indeed a man of mystery.
Wales.
Walters, James, Evans, Tebbutt, Bartle.