Author Topic: Ward  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Ward
« on: Sunday 05 December 10 04:09 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find any family relations of Claude George Cecil Ward.
Born 1899 in Newport, Shropshire. Married Phyllis Chapman, Dec 1924 in Ecclesall Bierlow. Had a brother Frank Thomas Coulton B. 1896, m. to Rosa Jillard 1917 in Willesdon, & sister Winifred Christina Harriet Ward (known as Christine), who married twice, 1. Charles Ernest Proctor 1915 Newport Shrop, 2. Benjamin Thomas Atkins 1939 Oldbury, West Bromich.
Christine died in 1973 in Oldbury. She researched her family (and mine) history back to 1396. I have a write up from a paper in 1953 re the history, but dont know where the research has been passed on to, as I dont think she had children.
I would be happy to find one of her relations.
Cheers
Andrea   :)
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)
Gallop/Southwood/Northcott/Rowland(Somerset-Gloucestershire)

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ward
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 10 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Duplicate postings on the Yorkshire and London and Middlesex boards

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,499924.0.html
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=499934.msg3567998

These posts are locked to avoid duplication. Please post information not concerning living members of the family which might be helpful to Andrea on this topic.

Please remember RootsChat policy is not to publish details of living people, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse etc.
If you have any information for Andrea on living descendents please use the Personal Message (PM) system to exchange personal data.

Regards

Valda

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline robert1973

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 January 11 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrea ,
I have been researching my family tree and entered the name of my grandads first marriage which was to Winifred Christina Harriet Ward. Aparently during the war my grandad was injured and Christina was his nurse who he married very young. We also do not know if they had any children. My grandad was Charles Emmanuel Procter who remarried and my mum was born in 1945. My grandad was 49 when my mum was born and passed away in 1969 before I was born. It would be interesting if there are any such links to children and also would love to see the article written.
Best regards
Robert

Offline Salopian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 October 13 06:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Robert,
I was just going through my family docs again, as I haven't been on here for a while.
Did I ever reply to you? I am very sorry if I didn't. I don't recall receiving your message.
I don't think she had any children, unfortunately. She remarried a Ben Atkins. She had two brothers and I have been in touch with a relation of one of them.
I can send you the article....let me know.
Cheers
Andrea
Ward/Turner/Pountain/Blaney(Shropshire-Staffs)              Mitchell/McNab/Clarke(Somerset-Lancashire-Leicestershire-Perthshire)
Gallop/Southwood/Northcott/Rowland(Somerset-Gloucestershire)