Author Topic: Hugh Hardy born c.1760  (Read 3787 times)

Offline 1lucybella2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hugh Hardy born c.1760
« on: Thursday 09 December 10 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm trying to find any information I can on my ancestor a Hugh Hardy born sometime around 1760/70, possibly in Kent or London but actually unknown. He married Hester Dann Strover, daughter of Captain John Searle Strover and Mary Dudley Rogers, in 1795 in Marylebone.

His children were John Strover Hardy (b. Christchurch Spitalfields), Hester Hardy (b. Loose Kent), Hannah Anna/Anne Hardy (b. St James Pentonville), Samuel Joseph (b. Blackheath) and Fitzhugh?

As much of the Searle, Dudley, Strover and Rogers family have links to commerce and the East India Company, it is possible he may belong to a family within this area of work. Due to Hester's remarriage as a widow to John Callow in 1823, it is believed that Hugh died between 1814 and 1823.

We have no birth, death or will for Hugh, but he has been referred to in other documents connected to his wife Hester, including their marriage. If anyone has any leads or knowledge of this man within a Hardy tree, we would be very grateful!
Thanks

Offline brianz

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Hardy born c.1760
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 December 10 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi
    There is a Family Tree on the public member trees on Ancestry that site Hugh as being born 25 August 1757 in Derby England and marrying Hester Strover. This might give you some leads

Steve
Hannam in London, Nottinghamshire and Sheffield
Collins in Staffordshire
Brackenbury, Gurnell and Willson in Lincolnshire and now Nottinghamshire
Marples in Derbyshire and Yorkshire
Heginbotham in Derbyshire

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Hardy born c.1760
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 January 11 00:16 GMT (UK) »