Author Topic: Stenton games 1909  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Robshazz

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Stenton games 1909
« on: Wednesday 13 April 05 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi all

My father is in posession of a small medal ( similar to a maltese cross). It is inscribed "Stenton Games 1909" and on the otherside "George Glass".

The medal was found in Lithgow NSW Australia over 40 years ago. i have tried local searches in Aus without success.

Any ideas? I would like to find the decendants of George so they can have the momento.

Regards

Sharon

Chalmers ( Dunfermline)Keir (Dunfermline) McEwan (Dunfermline / Beath) Pitblado/ Pitbladdo(Dunfermline) Stronach (Dunfermline) Swayne (Dunfermline) Taylor (Inverkeithing/Dunfermline)

Offline bryso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stenton games 1909
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 October 05 12:37 BST (UK) »
hi there,re stenton games-stenton is a small village in east
lothian(in case you did not know)4 miles from dunbar & 6 miles from haddington.both towns have glass families living there today.i know the dunbar family and will make enquiries for you but suggest you try "the haddingtonshire parish"records in the meantime.if you need anymore info
please do not hesitate in contacting me.
              kind regards
                           bryso
denholm,acquroff,hunter,strachan

Offline Robshazz

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stenton games 1909
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 October 05 11:02 BST (UK) »
Fabulous news- I had all but given up! I have actually contacted the local librarian who suspects that George may have won the medal as part of a football team ( I guess that would in "aussiespeak" be soccer but who knows). The librarian also thinks that George's younger brother (Robert?) may also have featured in the medals at the same game. Any inforation will be really appreciated!

Regards

Sharon
Chalmers ( Dunfermline)Keir (Dunfermline) McEwan (Dunfermline / Beath) Pitblado/ Pitbladdo(Dunfermline) Stronach (Dunfermline) Swayne (Dunfermline) Taylor (Inverkeithing/Dunfermline)