Author Topic: catherine ann Boyd  (Read 2629 times)

Offline yesterday

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
catherine ann Boyd
« on: Saturday 11 December 10 01:39 GMT (UK) »
catherine ann boyd arrived in Australia with her sister Eliza Jane in 1853. She was born in Strangford Ireland in 1833. She married George King in 1854 in Sydney. Her sister married Bartholomew O'Keefe in 1853. I an unable to find information on catherine pre her arrival in Australia. Any help would be great!
Yesterday
My email address is not working sorry

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: catherine ann Boyd
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 December 10 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Is Strangford supposed to be in Waterford? There are several Strangfords (town, Upper & Lower) in County Down in the north-east of Ireland but closest I could find in Waterford is a Strangsmill townland.

The information you are searching for is before the start of civil registration which means searching for church records but to do so you need to know both the family's religion and where they lived (parish if not actual townland).

Have a look at Introduction to Irish Records and My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline RobertWhaite

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 08:55 BST (UK) »
Hi

It is interesting that I should see this post today.For about a year I have thought Catherine and her sister Eliza jane ,baptised as Elizabeth Jane were part of my family and yesterday I discovered that they were not.

it depends on how much the Moderator will let me tell you as I could write a book on this family.

Suffice to say they are the children of Thomas Boyd and Elizabeth Fegan. They are from the Townland of Ferryquarter ,in the Barony of Lecale lower, Ballyculter in County Down.

Perhaps Mr Moderator can tell me how much I am allowed to tell you

Best Regards

Rob

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 April 13 09:32 BST (UK) »
Yesterday hasn't been online since December 2010 but will hopefully see your post sometime soon.

... Perhaps Mr Moderator can tell me how much I am allowed to tell you...

Karen is the Moderator for Waterford board- as long as you don't post details of living people, copyright or restricted information or post personal details such as email adresses, etc. then I'm sure she will be happy. Have a look at Posting Guidelines in Help pages (link at top of page), Meanwhile, I will ask her to move this topic to Down board where it belongs.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!