Author Topic: Will translation COMPLETE  (Read 6114 times)

Offline Hoo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Will translation
« Reply #18 on: Monday 20 December 10 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Part 3

Offline Hoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 20 December 10 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Part 4

Offline Hoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 20 December 10 21:16 GMT (UK) »
part 5

Offline Hoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 20 December 10 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Part 6

Offline Hoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 20 December 10 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Final part

Offline Hoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 20 December 10 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Name

That's the lot!

Offline veeblevort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 21 December 10 00:16 GMT (UK) »

Modified as per Reply #27, including stonechat #25.

Well done Hoo,

That's a brilliant improvement. This is a quick run through without trying to
enhance or enlarge it. It's mostly removing queries I previously had but it has
more new words in there as well. The Latin is going to be total gibberish because
I don't understand it, but someone else hopefully can fix it. I'm off to read
redroger's probate tip now, and I'll look at this in more detail tomorrow. It would be
nice to have your first one complete. Oh, and we have Christopher's name down in
the Latin part, presumably as Executor.

1. In the name of god amen The seconde daie of may in the yeare of our Lorde god
  2. thousande five hundrethe seventie ffower I Will[ia]m Ellyson of Coolingworth
  3. in the p[ar]ishe of Bingley within the dioces of yorke sicke of bodie but hole of
  4. mynde and of a good and p[er]fecte Remembrance praysed be almightie god do thearfore
  5. constitute ordayne and make my last will and testament in mann[er] & fforme
  6. following that is to saie firste and principallie I give and commende my soule
  7. unto almightie god my onelie Creator and redemer fixinge my hole truste and
  8. confidence of my redemption and salvation in the meritte of Christes onelie
  9. savioure his precious Deathe and glouriouse resurrection And my bodie to

10. be buried accordinge to the usuall mann[er] in that behalffe p[ro]vided, in the p[ar]ishe Churche or Churche
 11. yarde of Bingley aforesaide It[e]m It is my Will that all suche debts whiche of righte
 12. and debts I do die to any p[er]son or p[er]sons be well and trewlie contented & paid by my
 13. executors hereinafter named and ordayned and after my debts and funeral expences my
 14. other Debtors Incident be well and sufficientlie p[er]formed & dischardged It is my absolute
 15. Will Intente and purpose That Christopher Ellyson John Ellyson and Jennet Ellyson my
 16. children shall have two p[ar]tes of all and singular suche goods both moveable and
 17. immoveable which I nowe have or enioye or at the howre of my discease when soon
 18. it shall please almighty god of his goodness to dissolve separate and call awaye my soule
 19. frome this Corporall and fleshlie substance late of this transytorie worlde unto his
 20. m[a][ies]tie I shalbe possessed of in any wise and the thirde and laste parte off all my goods
 21. and cattelle whiche I nowe have or shall have at the time of my descease beinge poses-
 22. sed for myne owne p[ar]te accordinge to a Laweful division I give bestowe and bequithe
 23. unto the saide Christopher Ellyson John Ellyson and Jennet Ellyson my children exceptinge
 24. onelie that I give and bequithe to the saide Jennet Ellyson my daughter the halfe
 25. of one hive in the custodie of the late Wiffe of Will[ia]m Moore It[e]m I give and bequithe
 26. unto Dorothie Dray daughter of Richard Dray my sone in lawe xxs and one cott-
 27. on shirte a paire of hose and one gowne of Russet Clothe It[e]m I ordayne constitute
 28. and make the said Christopher Ellyson and John Ellyson my sones my trustees and
 29. lawefull executors to see to the same execution and Lawefull p[er]formation of this
 30. my laste Will and testament accordinge to my p[re]cise meanynge and resolute mynde
 31. in the same conteyned and expressed These being witness John Rodley Roberte
 32. humeworthe Thom[a]s Illingworthe and Thom[a]s Hellingswate Henrie Taylor clerke
 33. __ ___ et u[lti]mo die mensis octobris anno dm_? suprascript? ___ de Craven? ___
 34. firabit? de ___ ___ testi per testro in testo ___ no[r/c/v]at ......Com__  fuit
 35. adm___ ___ ___ executor no[r/c/v]at iment & Saluo Iure C___
 36. Christofer         Willm _?
 37. Ellyson            d & f

Line 20, There are omission marks on the m and the t. this may be a standard
abbreviation, but i don't know it. this is just a wild guess.

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 21 December 10 07:31 GMT (UK) »
It may say U~mo Die

Ultimo - last
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline veeblevort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 21 December 10 12:47 GMT (UK) »

stonechat you are quite right. It's definitely u m o and I didn't see the mark, although it is plain enough, so u[lti]mo it is.