Author Topic: High street, Buchanhaven, Peterhead  (Read 10765 times)

Offline Cheekies_Loon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: High street, Buchanhaven, Peterhead
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 February 11 08:02 GMT (UK) »
ZanT thanks for the PM, from reading these forums I need to post another message before I can PM you back with my email details.

If this is your Andrew Buchan born 11/04/1850 Peterhead, died 19/12/1934 at 41 High Street Buchanhaven married to Isobel Brown Bruce born 1/06/1841 Peterhead, died 29/07/1914 41 High Street Buchanhaven, then he is the brother of my 3rd Great Grandfather Arthur Buchan.

I have information for the Buchan and Bruce going back to the early 1600's in Lonmay, I'll PM you my email address.

To answer your question, no I don't have an online tree, as I'm still converting the details across from an old DOS program and have to manually enter all the information again.

Offline Jed Devlin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: High street, Buchanhaven, Peterhead
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 21:32 BST (UK) »
ZanT

If you are researching Bruce and Buchans in Buchanhaven, then we have a connection.  They originally came from St.Combs Lonmay approx 1814 and Corskelly Lonmay before that.

Let me know the names you are research.  Do you know the by-names of your Buchan's and Bruce's?

Number 5, has a date stone above the door "G.B. 1880"
Number 29, has "J.B. 1882".

No.5 G.B. = George Bruce "Jordan"

In the 1880's Strachan's were actually living at those addresses.

The houses were "But and Ben", upstairs rooms/lofts converted in later years.

Hi, a note of interest there is a Peter Bruce who still lives just outside of St Combs today and he owns Peter Bruce ship painters of Fraserburgh. may be a relation. I am trying to locate a Catherine Bruce from Peterhead and an Ann Bruce from Portknockie. Cathering married an Alexander Milne 10 March 1842 Peterhead and Ann Married a William Wood in 1825 at Portknockie.