Author Topic: Another missing Clark girl !!  (Read 2908 times)

Offline a1424

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Another missing Clark girl !!
« on: Tuesday 21 December 10 14:10 GMT (UK) »
I posted a few days ago looking for help in finding details,on a missing Jane Clark.

Now i have the same problem with another girl from the same family.Sarah Clark was born in England in 1849 to John Clark and Hannah Jackson.I have them on the 1851 census,also i have them on the 1861 census still in Glasgow.

There is some boys added to the family over the years,all born in Glasgow.Sarah is the only child born in England.I can track all the boys.

But by the 1871 census Sarah is no longer with the family,i have looked at every death and Marriage for a Sarah Clark on Scotlands People.And nothing is coming up.

I also have a sub for Ancestry,and nothing is coming up for her on that .I am no expert on searching family history,but it is puzzle to me.

It is strange that i find the boys in the family very easy,yet the only two girls born into the family seem to have vanished!!

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Another missing Clark girl !!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 December 10 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried Clarke with an e on the end just in case
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline a1424

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Another missing Clark girl !!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 December 10 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Since i have looked at my family history over the last two years.i have have come across the Clark side spelling with the e added a few times.So any time i have searched for records about them,i always search with and without the e.

Thanks
a1424.