Author Topic: HUTSON FAMILY  (Read 12341 times)

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
HUTSON FAMILY
« on: Thursday 03 June 04 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
I have HUTSON ancestors from Aylesford & East Peckham areas, they were bargemen.  Anyone with a possible connection please get in touch.
Thanks  Lesley

Offline ddhut

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HUTSON FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 January 07 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley

Believe we may already have touched base.  I am tracing the Hutson family tree - sounds like the same line.  I am tracing in particular Charles Hutson and brother William and then William's son Ralph William who had a brother called Raglan.  Any connection?

Dawn

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 January 07 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn
Thanks for getting in touch.  Can you give me some dates of your Hutsons - I'm sure they're all connected from down that way but there's so many of them I'm finding it difficult to put them all in the right boxes!!
Look forward to hearing from you
Regards
Lesley

Offline ddhut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 January 07 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am having trouble with putting them in boxes too.  My link is my husband's grandfather Thomas Hutson whose father was Ralph William (Ralph came from Kent).  Ralph's dad was William Francis Hutson who married Ann Eliza Steel (both of these were born in Kent).  William's dad was John and I believed John married Sarah Rose.  William had an older brother Charles and a sister called Jane.  Jane had a son in 1850 called John but I think Jane was unmarried.  Both Charles and William were bargemen.  The problem I have is that there is also a George Hutson and a John Hutson that have a dad called John Hutson but a mum called Mary - George and John were servants so I believe that they may have been cousins or something.  I have found Charles' birth, Jane's birth and the marriage of John/Sarah on the IGI and also a marriage for John/Mary on the IGI - but until I find William's birth - trouble with placing everyone - can you help?

sorry if I have confused you.  by the way everyone came from Wateringbury/Maidstone area.
Dawn

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 January 07 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn
Having a quick look, your lot aren't in my tree but I'll get out my notes and see what I can come up with  - two heads are always better than one.
Speak with you soon
Lesley

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 January 07 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Dawn
Have you got the 1871 census image for William/Ann & family incl sons Ralph & Raglan?  If you haven't got it and want a copy let me know with your email address and I'll sent it to you.  Any of the census you haven't got let me know.
Lesley

Offline ddhut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 January 07 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have found Charles and William on a 1861 census where Charles is a master bargeman and William his mate, vessel Margaret (1) which is good.  How far have you gone back - I really need William's birth but will need to visit Maidstone for that - do you know if parish records have been published anywhere?

Dawn

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 January 07 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My first thought was that was your William, but sorry to say it's not.
The Charles who is master is my Charles in my tree, this William is 17yrs born Nettlested and is the son of Thomas & Mary Hutson who are all in Nettlested in 1851.
In the 1861 your William is stated as 29yrs and living at home with wife AE Hutson, children PE, RW (which is Ralph) MC - how strange they only gave their initials.
In 1851 William is 18yrs and living at 17 Bow Road, Wateringbury with his widowed mother Sarah 56yrs, sister Jane (& her son John) and younger brother George.
I don't know of any records that have been published.
Lesley

Offline ddhut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 January 07 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Who is your Charles' parents, my William was apprenticed to Alfred Keep - i need to find William's birth and also to find him in the 1841 census when I believe his mother was alive, i thought I had find them but it shows an older brother Charles and older brother John as well as Jane and George.  Confused, this is driving me mad?