Author Topic: Parish Registers Twickenham Middx  (Read 693 times)

Offline juliew

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parish Registers Twickenham Middx
« on: Friday 24 December 10 09:37 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for a baptism and possible marriage for a Philip Cubbage. I'm trying to find out if this Philip is my Philip Cubbages father.  The 1851 census states Philip was born about 1779 Twickenham Middx.  Philip married Maria Neighbour 1807, Islington St Mary.

A baptism for Philip Cubbage 1804, St James Clerkenwell, parents Philip and Mary. I havn't come across this Philip and Mary other than the baptism.  My thinking is that Mary died and Philip married Maria.

Thank you     :)

Online Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Registers Twickenham Middx
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 December 10 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Philip was a bachelor when he married Maria in 1807, surname spelt CUBBIDGE, which is what he signed as.

Although Philip and Maria CUBBAGE were baptising children at St Leonards Shoreditch up to about 1829.

Philip born 1804 possibly married Ann PARKER at Clerkenwell in 1829

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline juliew

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Registers Twickenham Middx
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 December 10 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,

Thanks for replying.  One thing I didn't think of Philip Cubbidge signing his name and being a bachelor, whereas Philip Cubbage who married Ann (my 3 gt grandparents) was mark of.  Some of the family's name stayed as Cubbage, whereas my nans side ended up as Cubbidge. At the moment I haven't found any connection between them, by looking at the witnesses on the marriage certificates for Philip and Marias children just in case any of  mine signed.  Also my lot travelled about quite a bit between Islington, Kent and Somerset and probably wasn't in the area when the other Philips Cubbidges children married.  Perhaps I need another rethink!