Author Topic: cyril walter edmond dale  (Read 1969 times)

Offline sianleavesley

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
cyril walter edmond dale
« on: Sunday 26 December 10 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi this is a message for Roy, i am the oldest daughter of cyril walter edmond dale  and am still in contact with my family both her and in jersey, i will see if i can find the "family bible" as i knew nothing about this item. My email address is (*) if you need to contact me.
Kind regards Sian Leavesley formally Sian Dale

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: cyril walter edmond dale
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 January 11 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sian

Thank you very much for getting in contact. Morganllan kindly alerted me to your message which I hadn't seen. I have sent you a private message which includes my E-Mail address. The moderator (to prevent you getting any possible spam messages) has removed your E-Mail address, therefore at present I can only contact you via rootschat. The only problem is that to use the PM (Private Mesage) facility you have had to have made 3 posts. You have only made 1 post so far, therefore you need to make a couple more posts first e.g. you could make a couple of replies to this thread to read my PM.

My Uncle (Philip) told me that there was a family bible which he was sure that had been passed onto your father and came in its own "chest" and was quite a fancy thing. I am hoping being a family bible that it will contain  details of births, marriages etc. and will confirm my research.

I tried unsuccesfully in October 2009 to try and find the bible (see topic http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,408934.msg2764198.html#msg2764198) which included putting a letter in the Jersey Evening Post on 09 Oct 2009 and writing to all the Dales I could find in the Jersey telelephone directory. Therefore I am delighted to get this message from you out of the blue and very much look forward to hearing from you.

Roy

P.S. Moderator, as an interim measure, would you still have the E-Mail address that was deleted and could PM this to me?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: cyril walter edmond dale
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 January 11 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, but we don't keep records of email addresses which are removed from posts. Hopefully she will receive notification that there's been a reply to her post.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!