Author Topic: Baptism at Walesby church, Notts  (Read 1289 times)

Offline carose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptism at Walesby church, Notts
« on: Monday 27 December 10 12:20 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone has the baptism records for Walesby church in Nottinghamshire [not the Lincolnshire one] I have been going through my family info, that I found when I used to visit Nottingham archives from Sheffield, and find that I don't have the baptism of my greatgrandmother, Mary Jane Smith. Her parents were George and Mary Smith, nee Fairham.
Mary Jane was born in Walesby in 1862. I have looked on the internet but it doesn't appear to be on Familysearch or the Hugh Wallis site.

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism at Walesby church, Notts
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 December 10 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have Walesby BT's 1841- 1865 but there is nothing for a Mary Jane Smith.

Sorry :'(

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 December 10 18:10 GMT (UK) »
 Carol,  Thanks so much for checking that for me.  I guess that is the reason why I don't appear to have the date of the christening. I am sure I would have looked for it when I visited the archives, but it is a few years ago.
I have the marriage certs of her parents and grandparents, even her mothers baptism, but no baptism of  Mary Jane and her siblings.
Maybe they didn't bother or maybe it happened somewhere else. I traced their ancestors back to Treswell and Kirton and Edwinstowe so possibly there.  The family  moved to Ollerton, where several children were born and later some in Sheffield, so I will keep looking.
thanks again
from Carol

Offline Old-Bonez

• RootsChat Senior
  • TURNER Jasper Mug c.1780. Friend of Jos Wedgewood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 December 10 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi.... Sorry for butting in but I'm searching for the family of a convict "Amos Cowles" who was apparently a shoemaker from Gloucestershire. I'd guess his birth date to be about 1802. Convicted in Waterloo (City) Quarter Sessions 13th Jan 1823 to seven years. He arrived in Sydney August 26th 1823 aboard `Henry I`.

Just a chance that he may fit into a known family.

Rob
Staffordshire: Turner, Emery, Hyde & Markland
Lancashire: Stirrup, Cloweth
London: Fountain,
Devon: Devonshire, Webb
Stirling: Wingate, 
Australia: Fountain, Turner, Solah, Paskins, Brookfield, Cowle, Trondsen

Offline carose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 December 10 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi.... Sorry for butting in but I'm searching for the family of a convict "Amos Cowles" who was apparently a shoemaker from Gloucestershire. I'd guess his birth date to be about 1802. Convicted in Waterloo (City) Quarter Sessions 13th Jan 1823 to seven years. He arrived in Sydney August 26th 1823 aboard `Henry I`.

Just a chance that he may fit into a known family.

Rob

Hi Rob,
Although my Cowles are from Glos. I haven't come across Amos. Mine were from Westerleigh and I think before this, maybe Siston, in the late 1700's. As I don't live in the area, I don't have access to the records.
Carose