Author Topic: Skakel and Hay of Cullen  (Read 2060 times)

Offline cathb

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Skakel and Hay of Cullen
« on: Tuesday 28 December 10 00:26 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the family of William Skakel and Jean Hay. (married 1705)
William became a burgess of Cullen, and Jean's father was called Andrew. Was he one of the Hays of Rannes or Mountblairy or another family. Can anyone help?
Cath
North East Scotland:Cullen area: Donald, Simpson, Skakel, Hay
Shropshire: Geary Ball
Durham: Iddeson
Gloucestershire:okey
Lancashire: Midgeley scholes Henshaw Hibbert
Cheshire Boden

Offline lola0908

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Skakel and Hay of Cullen
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have an Isabel Skakel from Banff in my tree as my 6th Great Grandmother, she married George Andrew on 16 November 1750 in Banff and had my 5th Great Grandmother on Jean Andrew on 25 June 1761.  I have been trying to find Isabel's mother and father but i have a funny feeling it could be William Skakel and Jean Hay as they had a child called Isabel Skakel in Cullen and none of the other matches have the same spelling of surname or are years out with the dates.   

Thanks  :)

Laura

Bauchop (Airth), Blacklock (Dumfries), Borrowman (Airth, Dunfermline), Cameron (Oban), Caution (Perth), Corbett (Co. Monaghan, Hawick, Denny), Creelman (Glasgow, Kilmarnock), Demperstone (Alloa), Gibb (Falkirk, Edinburgh, Grangemouth), Glendinning (Dumfries) , Ingram (Banff), Johnston (Perth) Lorimer (Banff, Denny), Love (Alloa), Moffat (Oban), Raffan (Banff), Ross (Co Monaghan), Readhead (Banff), Strathie (Linlithgow, Larbert), Sutherland (Dumfries), Symon (Edinburgh), Turnbull (Larbert