Author Topic: Advice on a will  (Read 1626 times)

Offline floggle toggle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Advice on a will
« on: Wednesday 29 December 10 16:13 GMT (UK) »
I have found a will that someone has posted from a family I am studying. It says in part

"I herin bequeath to my 3 children ......... The money I have in the savings bank after paying my funeral expenses and debts I bequeath to my daughter Prudence Round  ........"

Trouble is, Prudence Round was his wife; he was only married once - so not a step daughter - and she was an only child - so no sister.
Before tracking down the original, would this be "the correct form of writing" for this period - 1862 - or a possible typo :-\

floggle toggle

Wheatley Sussex/Australia, Heasman - Tasker - Tester Sussex, Locock - Wilmington Sussex/Devon, Mankelow Kent

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on a will
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 16:42 GMT (UK) »
The Will is for Daniel Thomas Bostel not Daniel Round.  Prudence Round was his married daughter.  Probate was granted to a Daniel Bostel, 44 Milton Street Cripplegate, Carpenter the son of Daniel Thomas Bostel and one of the next of kin. 

Very confusing as Daniel Thomas Bostel married a Prudence Round and it would appear their daughter Prudence Bostel then went on to marry a Daniel Round at St. Lukes, Finsbury on 4th July, 1858.

Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline floggle toggle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on a will
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou for that even to guessing the correct name!

While I realised the will was for Daniel Thomas Bostel not Daniel Round, I had not made the connection of Prudence being his married daughter, as she was also named as one of the 3 children.   
As you say, very confusing.

floggle toggle :)

Wheatley Sussex/Australia, Heasman - Tasker - Tester Sussex, Locock - Wilmington Sussex/Devon, Mankelow Kent