Author Topic: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot  (Read 20116 times)

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
  • I thought I was the lone survivor..think again
    • View Profile
Re: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 01 January 11 22:42 GMT (UK) »
So you think 1st communion would not be recorded?  I found,I believe 1 Josephine McCabe in Dublin on the register. who would fit the profile of my grandmother.  How easy would it be to trace her?  Church wise?  I have my Dr. writting a letter regarding the medical conditions my mum and I have.. would this help?  Rotunda said FOI does not apply and they are not impelled to release except for a list of circumstances.. medical is one.  Is anyone familiar with 3 patron and their policy/ beliefs?  meaning are they strict? the woman I have been dealing with there appears to be protective of the records.
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 01 January 11 22:48 GMT (UK) »
 I found,I believe 1 Josephine McCabe in Dublin on the register. who would fit the profile of my grandmother.  How easy would it be to trace her? 
 Is anyone familiar with 3 patron and their policy/ beliefs?

which register did you find this possible Josephine McCabe ?

There will not be much detail in any civil or church records, as these will only include births marriages & deaths, and proving if any specific Josephine is 'yours' would be difficult.

not sure what you mean by the policy of the 3 Patrons - where was this Josephine born/baptised ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 01 January 11 23:12 GMT (UK) »
I found it on the family search pilot site.  could there be more than what is listed ther?  it just states dublin.  this mom would have been 20 I believe, when having my mum.  they all lived in hollyfield building in 1934 and she was  baptised at 3 patron... are there any other irish/ dublin searchable databases from 1933 forward? I have the dublin electoral 1939..
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 01 January 11 23:23 GMT (UK) »
I dont see that birth on the Civil Index familysearch - was it in 1914 ?

The civil BMD index covers registrations up to 1958 for southern Ireland, other than that, there will not be much else online for more recent details on people.

Do you have any other details on Josephine (snr) ?
i.e. which county was she was born in, did she later marry etc..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 01 January 11 23:26 GMT (UK) »
this mom would have been 20 I believe, when having my mum.  they all lived in hollyfield building in 1934 and she was  baptised at 3 patron...

not clear about this....which Josephine do you mean ?

We know Josephine jnr was baptised in the 3 Patrons, but was her mother baptised there also ?

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 01 January 11 23:31 GMT (UK) »
I could have the year off.. plug in josephine mccabe birth dublin 1900 to 1920.. it's around 1910 to 1915 
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 01 January 11 23:34 GMT (UK) »
The two Josephine McCabe births that I see in Dublin around that time (both have Mary as a middle name) are in 1910 and located in Dublin North registration district - so nowhere near Rathgar or the Three Patrons church.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 01 January 11 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any other details on Josephine (snr) ?
i.e. which county was she was born in, did she later marry etc..

If Josephine (snr) later married then it would be much easier to find a correct birth for her, as a marriage cert would show her father's name,  and occupation and could then be used to confirm, or rule out any possible births for her. Finding the correct birth for a person with just a very approximate year of birth and no details on location of birth or parents is very hit and miss... and you would never be certain that you had found the right person.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 01 January 11 23:45 GMT (UK) »
I know no other info on josephine sn other than her name. much of this is a shot in the dark and not at all accurate.  I am reaching at straws until I can get facts.
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan