Author Topic: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot  (Read 20115 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot
« Reply #99 on: Friday 07 January 11 14:06 GMT (UK) »
On age this is most logically Elizabeth in 1901 if she was born in Dublin
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Rathmines/Rathgar_Road/1296967/
Her first marriage cert could help with her home address

However there does not seem to be a 19 year old Elizabeth Hogan listed in the country as born in Dublin and the closest Dublin based Elizabeth was born in Tipperary/Cork
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot
« Reply #100 on: Friday 07 January 11 14:55 GMT (UK) »
On further investigation:
This seems to be definitely Elizabeth HOGAN in 1911
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Rathmines___Rathgar_West/Rathmines_Avenue/55341/

1901 seems more difficult as it looks as if John Hogan was widowed young with young children. It was not unusual to have them sent to a nurse family until they were older.
This could possibly be him in 1901 as Kildare/Dublin could be confused depending on location
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Kildare/Gilltown/Newabbey/1439905/
this looks like it could be Mary A and Thomas but Lizzie/Elizabeth is still missing
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Rathfarnham/Terenure/1283655/
this could possibly be Elizabeth as ESSIE
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kildare/Donaghcumper/Celbridge_Town__Dublin_Road_/539459/
all would require confirmation
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
  • I thought I was the lone survivor..think again
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 09 January 11 01:32 GMT (UK) »
Breakthrough Alert!!!

So my sister just sent me over some info that a geneaologist had done a while ago.  I am looking for a Molly Bradshaw who lived on 1b Pleasantville Terrace in 1979.  My father sent my mother's notice of death to Molly Hogan at 1b Pleasant Terrace.  So my father I am taking it did not know my great aunt was married???  and this would tie into the 1911 census that we found which also listed a the youngest Thomas Reeves.. so I also have a great uncle!!  Any help on how to find her.. I am sure she has since passed but now she could have had children who might have info, picts, and would like to meet??!!
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Sunday 09 January 11 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Moderator Note : If anyone has possible detail of the family mentioned, could they pass details on to missingmccabe by private message, since details of living people may not be posted on RootsChat.

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Sunday 09 January 11 11:22 GMT (UK) »
So my sister just sent me over some info that a geneaologist had done a while ago.  I am looking for a Molly Bradshaw who lived on 1b Pleasantville Terrace in 1979.  My father sent my mother's notice of death to Molly Hogan at 1b Pleasant Terrace.  .....

could that address possibly be Mountpleasant Terrace ?

This is in Ranelagh and very close to Mountpleasant buildings where the Reeves were living in 1939.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Sunday 09 January 11 22:06 GMT (UK) »
I just got off the phone with a close family friend/ neighbor. 
1. she remebers driving "cousins" back to Rathmines for Mrs. Reeves
2.  Thinks Mrs. Reeves is buried at Mt. Jerome
3.  Did not know about my sister.. but now she does!!!   ;D

So my thought process of the 1B Mount Pleasant Terrace has more weight and somehow I need to look for the children of Thomas Hogan and Molly (Mary) Bradshaw nee Hogan.

Advice??
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 16:29 GMT (UK) »
My Great Uncle's death notice:

HOGAN (Dublin) - Oct. 8 1973 at his residence, 1B Mount Pleasant Terrace, Ranelagh , Thomas C. beloved husband of Mary ,deeply regretted by his wife , sister, sister-in-law neices , nephews, relatives and friends................removal to Church of Her Immaculate Lady of Refuge, Rathmines this Tuesday evening arriving at 5.30o'clock. Funeral tomorrow (Wednesday) after 9.o'clock Mass to Deansgrange Cemetery.

Please PM me with info..
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan