Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 4696 times)

Offline dolly dimples

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Advice please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 January 11 19:22 GMT (UK) »
  Daisy, thats a good idea, much obliged.
                                        Dolly

RAY,     Which May would you like details of,  May Brown, May Page or this May Brash found on the shipslist. (I cannot find a May Brash on the 1901 census in Scotland,thats how I wondered if this one just might be her, but saying she is Christines sister,just to get to stay in the US,

!901 census shows a May Brash , bn Barry Wales ,with Charles Henry and Rose Page, in Hertfordshire, she was 7 years old. so I reckoned she must have been a child born to Thomas & Catherine Brash( under Brown)    Father Thomas dies in 1896/7 in Wales   Mother Kate on her own in Wales 1901..  Mary Brash in !901 was now adopted daughter of the Pages.

1911 shows Mother Kate in the UK, in an Institution as inmate. I need to know if this May Brash on the ships list is or could be my May. I have the Brash family of Christine in Scotland . 1901, of which Christa (as she is down as) is on, but no May Brash at all, anywhere.
May is aged 27 on the ships record, in 1920 , which puts her birth about 1893, about the same time as my May Brown was registered 1894 in Wales.       
  Christines family is James and Hellen Brash in Paisley Renfrewshire in most of the Scottish census, hope this makes sense. Dolly
Northumberland. Main.Hertfordshire.Brash.Dryden
East Lothian.Brash. Dryden. Cumberland.Henderson.Joyce.
Plymouth.Charlick. Canada.Boulds.