Author Topic: Lookup for Fearon family - Huguenot family?  (Read 12983 times)

Offline kholman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup for Fearon family - Huguenot family?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 15 September 13 18:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for all the information on Claude Gaffee's family.

If anyone is interested, Susannah Fere (wife of Benjamin Gaffee) was born 12 Feb 1682, Canterbury, to Jacques Fere.  If anyone has information on the Fere family I would be interested to found out more.

Best wishes,

Katy

Offline MattRob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 September 13 23:48 BST (UK) »
Dear Richard and Friends at Rootschat, Thanks for your help with replies. This is going a bit too far sideways for me at this time, but I am delighted with the response. Very Best wishes to all who participate...  Thelma in Queensland.

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 16 September 13 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hello kholman

I was interested to see the name Mary Duthoit in one of your posts. I have 5 Mary Duthoits  in my tree.
The one I have been following at the moment was the daughter of Peter Duthoit Jnr and his wife Mary. Her marriage to Christopher Prichard (Weaver) was in 1763 - Christchurch, Spitalfields and I have found twelve of their children !
It's fascinating making all these connections and as most of them left Wills it becomes even more fascinating  :)

Offline MattRob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 May 15 06:11 BST (UK) »
Dear Richard Edmunds I have been working on editing all my lines for a few years now, after 29 years of research. However, I have been doing the Huguenot family of Fearon  Stokes,  Reason, Owen and etc., that you shared with me so long ago. At last I have read it slowly and taken in a bit more, but have not actually yet !! decided on who is on my direct line.  The 7 grandchildren will all get a copy [even if they don't wish to read it], they have to pass it to a local library in South East Queensland.
I am so grateful to you for putting me on the road with this family as it was a "Random gift of Kindness", which helped to fill in a lot of spaces, for at least four lines of families, in Australia.
I note you are still on this site doing a great job for others. I am 77 now and thankful to be alive... Thelma and Matt in Pialba Queensland.

Offline Vicci Gates

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  I live in Kallangur Queensland and was led here by a Google search.  I too am a decendant of William and Eliza Stokes- via Harriet.
I had found them on microfiche at the local library, and being only on a DSP have been unable to pay for my searches into my family history.
I have been to Toowong cemetery were both the Strokes and the Wyatt family rest.  I know the Stokes came to Australia on the Whirlwind in 1862.
I would love to have any information on the Stokes family that you could email me.

Offline MaisieMoo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I’m Maisie from England and this thread has been very useful for my research.

I found out I am directly descended from Thomas Owen (1786-) and Catherine through their son Joseph Owen (1826-1904). He was listed as a Silk Weaver in Bethnal Green, London on his marriage banns to Sarah Ferry (1828-), the Ferry’s being another family of silk weavers in Bethnal Green.

Their daughter Sarah Ferry (1858-) married a William Weston (1854-) and if you follow the Weston line you get down to me.

I’ve been trying to trace the Owen’s and the Ferry’s family line to see if they were Huguenot and this thread has been very helpful.  :)

Offline Jeanette Worth

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 01 August 23 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm a bit late to this thread but I too am descended from Fearons and Quantins. I see that the following was posted:-
{Secondly, John Fearon's own wife Marie Ann Quantin/Quentin's family came via this route. She was born around 1710 in London, as was her younger sister Suzanne around 1713, but their older sister Catherine was born around 1705  in Holland, so the family came to England some time between 1705-1710. They were originaly from Vendeuil in Picardy in the border region with the Nertherlands, and fled there to Haarlem.}
Please could you let me know where this comes from? I've tracked the children of Francois Quantin and Anne Templeaux, found Abraham's will mentioning his brother Medar(d) and found 6 of Medar(d)'s children born in Haarlem, Netherlands and the youngest Jean (Spitalfields, 1718) but though Catherine (14.2.1706) is there I can't find Marie Anne(1710) or Susanne(1713) anywhere though there is a Susanne Marie (19.1.1716)
It's Marie Anne I particularly need, of course. I've spotted that in his will Francois talks about a grand daughter through his 'late son Anthony' who is also Marie Anne - either she, or the one mentioned above must be the one who married Jean Fearon. But which!!
Talking of Jean, is there any way I can access the document that was submitted to request that entry into the Huguenot hospital?
Very grateful for any help with this.