Author Topic: Amelia Kellock m1773 John Keir Fife - help please!  (Read 2226 times)

Offline lizcat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Amelia Kellock m1773 John Keir Fife - help please!
« on: Sunday 02 January 11 15:22 GMT (UK) »
I posted on an earlier thread looking for Macfarlane in Alloa in the 1840s and found helpful replies pointing me to scotlandspeople site. From there I have managed to find a Jean Macfarlane b1803 as Givan, what I then believe to be her parents Robert Givan and Janet Keir of Fife and then Janet's parents John Keir and Amelia Kellock who married in Saline, Fife in 1773. I am unable to find Amelia's birth even on a general search. Any suggestions as to how to look further back please?? I think the generations seemed to all be in the Fife/Torryburn/Alloa area.

I did mention on the earlier thread that my grandma had said some distant female relative like gt grandma 3 generations before had come from Odessa on the Black Sea but so far have found no evidence of this (disappointed !!!!)

Many thanks

Offline Joolz Brutnell

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Amelia Kellock m1773 John Keir Fife - help please!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought but perhaps Amelia was previously married and Kellock is her married name . I wonder if it shows whether she was widowed on the parish records .
SCARROTT STARES WINN METCALFE PARHAM FAIRWEATHER JOHNSON

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 19:09 GMT (UK) »
I have found her death on SP:

feb 6 1817  Amelia kellock wife of John Kier, Torryburn

spelling as given. transcribed as 1813? but looks like 1817 to me!!

had another look - transcribed as Tullock and could well be.
Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline lizcat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 21:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks a lot for your help - appreciated !

I've been looking at the other side of my family the last few days (spent too long on computer really...) but next week will focus back on this side and chase these leads up.

Thanks again.

PS Diddy - that's really spooky as I used to call my late grandma Diddy from as soon as I could speak as apparently it was easy for me to say and this is her side of the family  ???

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Mines a family nickname as i was the smallest of my family - named after Ken Dods Diddy men...

Diddy  :D
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)