Author Topic: mcintyre  (Read 1508 times)

Offline green grass home

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
mcintyre
« on: Monday 03 January 11 13:17 GMT (UK) »
this is a very tough request hoping some kind person can help
my grandmother dorothy may haggerty [birth name]no date of birth  only date of death 12 05 1937
was Eurasian orgins  born in penang
had one sister nelly haggerty who entered the convent went under name MD st norbert
grandmother did  get married to a German gentleman of which i have no details what so ever he died and left g;m with 3 children all girls Mary /Doris/ may in dire circumstance so much so against all odds had to have one of the girls adopted may to Australia
i don't know how long this procedure took no dates may between 1904 1919

she then married my grandfather Edward McIntyre [no dates] who adopted the 2 remaining girls and tried very hard to stop the adoption but was told it was  to late the papers  had been signed  this is where it gets very difficult  i have no surname it would be German my grandfather went on to have 2 more children sandy McIntyre who died young  and my dear mother agnas Jane unfortunately all relatives have since died bar 1 a cousin who cant recall anything  it would make me so happy if i could find out what happened to auntie may  did she marry? did she have any children? are there any papers stating Edward tried to stop the adoption  :) :)

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
Re: Penang: Straits Territories circa 1870s
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 January 11 13:51 GMT (UK) »
You need to post this as a separate item, rather than tag it on to an existing post where it could easily be overlooked.

Have a look at the Help Pages: Guidelines to Posting if you have any problems. Alternatively, one of the Mods may be able to move it for you.

Tony
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: mcintyre
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 January 11 14:58 GMT (UK) »
I've split these posts from the other thread so no need to start a new topic (and welcome to Rootschat, green grass home).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jadewing

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Grandma Ella Williams 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

There's a family record (notoriously unreliable I know, but it may give you a lead) in the IGI which shows the marriage of Dora Hegerty bc1876 and Henry Percy Hugh Felsinger c1895 in Penang (Batch # F226299).

The record also gives some details for Henry Felsinger: b 1/03/1872; d 1910; parents: Michael Alfred Felsinger & Emelia Sophia Godlieb

Cheers, Jane
DBY:  Walters. DUR: Dorman, Gowland. DVN:  Berry, Gent, Norman, Reed, Spurrell, Watts.  ESX:  Adams.  NBL:  Fenwick,  Jobson.  NFK:  Dewing, Goss, Herring.  SAL:  Bailey, Ball.  SRY:  Wicks.  SSX:  Baker, French, Pelling/Young, Parlett, Paine.  STS:  Bailey, Hanson, Penn, Radford.  YKS:  Dewing.  NI Co Armagh: Sergeant, Bradford. Wales: Williams, Owens.

Offline jadewing

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Grandma Ella Williams 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 07:23 GMT (UK) »
DBY:  Walters. DUR: Dorman, Gowland. DVN:  Berry, Gent, Norman, Reed, Spurrell, Watts.  ESX:  Adams.  NBL:  Fenwick,  Jobson.  NFK:  Dewing, Goss, Herring.  SAL:  Bailey, Ball.  SRY:  Wicks.  SSX:  Baker, French, Pelling/Young, Parlett, Paine.  STS:  Bailey, Hanson, Penn, Radford.  YKS:  Dewing.  NI Co Armagh: Sergeant, Bradford. Wales: Williams, Owens.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 12:43 GMT (UK) »
newspapers.nl.sg
there are some hits for H. P. Felsinger (best to just search "Felsinger") who in 1909 drank iodine liniment aboard a ship as he was arriving into port. He was a Eurasian and a draughtsman working in Sarawak for the government. He was then charged with attempted suicide although he said he had just mistaken it for another medicine.

Although it doesn't mention his death he was in a bad way at the time of those articles and since this took place in late 1909 the 1910 death-date may be correct.

http://compassweb.arkib.gov.my/ - there are also some hits here for Felsinger.

What was Edward McIntyre's job/how long were the McInytres in Penang for?
Where were they when Dorothy passed away in 1937?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk